TWO

two ;
Reid Argent had stopped thinking of Gerard as Grandpa when she was twelve. Reid always felt deep down that she was only a replacement Allison - her real parents had chosen her over their second daughter, and that had instilled a sense of insecurity in Reid that she covered up with blunt words and harsh actions. So why think of Gerard as Grandpa when he probably wished she was Allison, just like everybody else did?

But nothing could hide the fact that all Reid wanted was for someone to pay.

Reid had always hated Chris, Victoria and darling Allison Argent, the resentment and anger she felt about not being the chosen child they kept had been building up for years. Reid had forever struggled to keep her hatred buried which was difficult when you're raised by two people who encourage such things like loathing and animosity.

But then she had learnt from Gerard - what felt like months ago but must have been mere weeks - that her beloved aunt's throat had been ripped out by a werewolf.

A werewolf that the Argents had failed to dispose of before it could hurt anyone, a werewolf that had been terrorising the small town of Beacon Hills for months.

Werewolves disgusted Reid. They were abominations, against the rules of nature, and the satisfaction she felt when she gunned one down and took another one's life so it went down to the dwells of hell where it belonged was astounding.

BOOM, BOOM, BOOM.

When Gerard told her that said werewolf that slaughtered her aunt had been killed, this should have gratified Reid. Instead, it only built up the rage inside of her.

She had always been kept from her real family. She had always been on the outside, and because of Gerard and Kate's stupid rules, Reid wasn't there when her aunt died.

She wasn't there to protect her, she wasn't there to catch her eye and create an impromptu plan with her like they usually did that resulted in a dismembered werewolf. She wasn't there to kill the werewolf herself.

But Reid was here now, and a sadistic smile was adorning her face as she stood outside the cemetery gates which were on the side of the road on the way into Beacon Hills. Suitcase in one hand, she found herself wondering inside, the thought on her mind to search for her aunt's grave.

She didn't need to search for long.

A loud commotion filled the cemetery, consisting of groups of aggressive photographers and reporters that police were trying to hold off. Reid moved forward curiously, her eyes narrowing as she tried to figure out what the hell was going on in the small town.

Knowing that there was no point of going near the mob of paparazzi, Reid walked towards the forest lining the graveyard, concealing herself inside easily, suitcase by her side. She had mounds of experience in camouflage and disguise, Gerard had been training her for as long as she could remember and this was second nature to her.

Her eyes squinted as she stared through the foliage, stepping carefully as to be silent, making her way around the group of people so she was able to see what was going on.

Reid's heart pounded as she caught glimpse of the scene.

Someone was being buried. And Reid could easily see who.

Her grandfather, Gerard, was walking towards the small seating area with his normal expression of a blank stare.

It hit Reid why all these people were here. Gerard had informed Reid that Kate had been caught out for a fire she had lit in a house filled with werewolves, and this must be the reception she was receiving because of this.