Toast and Handstands

Start from the beginning

"Need some help finding something?" A raspy voice asked from behind the counter. I turned around, surprised that anyone else was awake this early.

"Yeah. Where do you people keep the damn bread in this house?? I'm starving." I said a bit too harshly.

"Well good morning to you too," Harry greeted again. He got up from his place where he was eating his eggs and walked over to help me. His long arms stretched above me and grabbed a loaf of bread mixed amongst the other foods kept in the pantry. "Here you go, love." He smiled cheekily.

"Thanks." I grumbled unhappily. "You might as well get the toaster for me too while you're over here. I don't know where that is either." I hissed with a bit too much sass.

"Someone's not a morning person, are we?" Harry grinned at me.

"Thanks for stating the obvious, Styles. Now can you please get me the damn toaster?"

"Alright, alright. Stop your grouching, I'll get it." He opened a cabinet below the counter and pulled out the appliance I needed.

"Gracias." I mumbled and began preparing my breakfast.

Harry went back to his place behind the counter to finish his eggs and we continued on for a few minutes in silence.

"Here, you'll need this too." Zayn said, reaching from behind me to place jam and a spreading knife in front of me. He startled me and I jumped around to face him in a bit of fright.

"Holy shit!" I whisper screamed, trying not to wake the other boys. "Do you people walk like ninjas?! Where the hell did you come from?!"

The dark haired boy looked confused. "The couch?" he asked, more than stated.

"Well you can't just walk up behind people and scare them like that!" I rasped again.

Zayn glanced over to Harry, looking for some sort of explanation.

"She's not really a morning person." Harry informed and Zayn nodded his head in understanding. "I figured it out when I was trying to help her get breakfast." Harry said again.

"Yes, thank you for that Harry." I remarked again, popping some bread in the toaster.

They both chuckled and carried on making or eating their breakfasts.

"So," Harry began, "How was your night with Niall last night?" A cheeky and devilish grin flashed across his face. "Did you two, 'get busy'? If you know what I mean." He asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

"I think she knows what you mean, mate." Zayn added, patting Harry on the shoulder and laughing a bit.

The toaster popped, signaling my breakfast was done so I proceeded to spread some jam on the crisp bread.

"Oh you know, it went pretty well." I said with little emotion in my voice and without looking up from my breakfast. "I'm pregnant." I said, still casually spreading jam on my toast.

"You're joking." Harry said, a look of disbelief flashed over his face.

I grabbed the spreading knife and twirled it between my fingers. "I don't know, Harry. Am I joking?" I said seriously.

Zayn looked at me and winked discretely. He knew I was lying but his wink told me he was going to play along so I could mess with Harry.

I casually took a bite of my toast, still showing no emotion as I stared at Harry's nervous eyes.

"No way." He stated. "You can't be serious."

Walking back over to the other side of the counter, I grabbed the other pieces of toast I made for Niall and made my way back to his room. "Whatever you say, Harold." I said, taking another emotionless bite of toast.