Chapter 7

A/N Thank you so much for over 400 reads! I can't believe we've reached that already! 

And I just wanted to say that I wasn't planning on there being any relationships with any of the lifeguards in this story since there are so many books like that! 

Hollie's POV: 

My time to prove myself was up. The first week was over. It hadn't been too challenging, there' been nothing too serious. I had completed a few minor rescues here and there but now I had to face Hoppo. I had been stood outside the pavilion for around five minutes, trying to muster the courage to walk in and knock on his office door. After all, he could make or break my lifeguarding career. Taking a deep breath, I walked confidently into the pavilion and towards the office, knocking as hard as I dared when I reached it. 

"Come in" Hoppo called, his voice slightly muffled through the door. I opened the door and made my way to the comfy-looking chair in front of his desk. 

"Take a seat and we can discuss how this past week went and what we are going to do moving forward". I sat down and crossed one leg over the other, nervously fiddling with a piece of thread on my shorts. 

"So, Hollie, how do you think your week went?" Hoppo asked with a smile on his face. 

"Well, it was certainly exhausting but I really enjoyed myself" I said, pausing slightly to gauge his reaction, before continuing when he nodded. "I took part in some minor rescues and the feeling I got when the patients were back on the beach was like no other. I can't put it into words!" 

"Yes, it is one of the many benefits of your job!" 

"Defini - wait did you say MY job?" I ask, subconsciously gripping the edges of the seat.

"Yep! I, along with the rest of the team, can tell you will be an asset to the team. Plus, they all already love you and I think I would have a lot of explaining to do to Brooke if I hadn't have hired you." He says, chuckling at the last part whilst standing up.

"Thank you so much! I promise I won't let you down." I manage to squeak, shaking his hand. 

"I don't doubt that. Why don't we break the news to the others?" He guides me out of the pavilion and back towards the tower. 'My new office' I think to myself with glee.

"Guys, I would like you to meet our newest official trainee" He declares as we walk through the blue door and up the steps to the front part of the tower. Kobi and Maxi were sat on the wheelie chairs, watching over the beach through binoculars. They both spin round at lightening speed and break out into grins when they see me behind Hoppo, smiling back at them. 

"Hollie! I can't believe your an official lifeguard now!" Kobi shouts, walking over to give me a congratulatory hug. 

"Oh, they grow up so fast!" Maxi says, holding a hand to his heart whilst pretending to wipe a tear from his cheek. 

"Uh Maxi, I'm the same age as you!" I point out, breaking away from Kobi's hug and frowning at Maxi. 

"Yeah, I know" He laughs, but stops abruptly when Hoppo and Kobi both hit it gently across the back of his head. Now it was my turn to laugh. 

"Right, I'm going back to my office now but radio the guys and tell them there's a quick briefing before they head home so I can tell them the good news." Hoppo calls, walking back onto the promenade. 

I looked at the clock. 5 o'clock. I guess I can wait here until 7. Taking the last seat in the tower, I place my bag under the desk and try to stifle a yawn.