Chapter 3

Hollie's POV:

I arrive at outside the university and pay the taxi drive my fare. 'This is it. This is where my new life starts' I thought to myself, smiling at the huge building before me. It looked like a huge castle and I instantly knew I would get lost here. I turned towards the entrance to find out my dorm room and collect anything I would need before starting the semester next week. As I turned, a was stopped in my tracks by a body standing a little bit too close to mine. I look up to politely ask them to move but as I do so, I find them already staring back down at me, a large grin plastering their face.

However, this grin was different to the grins that she had received from the two new friends she had made on the plane who had help me with my air sickness. This one seemed slightly forced and made her feel uncomfortable. Quickly stepping away, she looked at the ground and muttered an apology before grabbing her suitcase and rushing off towards her dorm room.

Unlocking the door, she found that someone else had already placed a suitcase on one of the beds. Peering round the corner, she saw a girl the same age as her sat at one of the desks, listening to music very loudly through her headphones; so loudly that I could hear the tune from the other side of the room. I clear my throat in an attempt to gain her attention so that I could introduce myself but she doesn't hear me. I repeat my actions, this time making them a lot louder so that she would be to hear it. Luckily she does and turns her head, a bored expression across her face.

"Can I help you?" she says, tilting her head and crossing her arms. 'Well this is off to a brilliant start' I think sarcastically. What? I'm British, it's what we do.

"Well we're going to be roomies so I just thought I would introduce myself. Hi, I'm Hollie" I say, trying to put on my best smile. After the last two days, I really wasn't in the mood to face a grumpy roommate.

"Becca" she replies, and with a small nod of her head she turns around to whatever she was doing before I walked in. Sighing, I walk over to the unoccupied bed and sit down. This was going to be a long year.