~26~

"So I was thinking," Shawn said quietly when Taryn returned from the bar's kitchen. "We should get your car after work and take it to my place. That'll make it easier tomorrow morning. You have class, yeah?"

She sighed. "Unfortunately I do. This semester is over in a couple weeks, so my Mondays will be completely free after that."

"I like the sound of that, but aren't you taking summer classes?"

"I decided not to because I need a break. I talked to my roommates a couple days ago, and I'm letting the girl who was subletting my room take over the lease. When school is out, I'm going there for a weekend to move the rest of my things out."

Shawn gave her a worried look. "You are finishing your education, right? You've put a lot of time in."

"If I can finish online, then yep, I will. I might see if I can transfer credits to a local school and complete the program that way."

Colin came to the kitchen door with the order of wings, so Taryn excused herself and took them from him and delivered them to the couple who ordered them. Then she went back to Shawn and picked up a large piece of quesadilla, dipping it into the guac before eating it in one bite. It wasn't very ladylike, but she was starving.

"When's your interview?" she asked once she was done chewing.

"Thursday. The writer's name is Gretchen Lattner, and she's flying here to conduct it in my condo. Andrew, my former manager, offered to come in case I needed help or moral support, but I want to do it on my own."

Taryn reached out and took his hand in hers. "I think you made the right decision."

"We'll know once she publishes the article. I wish I knew what Winter said about me."

"If she made any serious allegations, a responsible writer would let you give your side of the story," she said reassuringly.

"Can we change the subject?" he asked. "I don't want to be in a bad mood for tonight."

An hour later, they worked together to clean up the bar. Colin came out of the kitchen as they finished up. "See you Tuesday," he said brusquely before making a fast exit.

Taryn and Shawn left a minute later and could see the cook walking slowly down Adelaide Street a block ahead of them.

"He's pissed, huh?" he queried as he draped an arm around her shoulders.

"Seems that way. We talked in the kitchen, and he didn't like that I lied, which is understandable." She knew better than to tell him what Colin had said about him being potentially dangerous. She didn't need them disliking each other even more than they already did.

When they got to Shawn's condo, he locked up and pulled Taryn into his strong arms for a long kiss. As things grew more heated, he backed her up so that she was pressed against the dark wood door. She held tightly onto his neck as he hoisted her up so that their heads were level. When he pressed his hard bulge against her, she moaned into his mouth. He then took hold of her thighs so that she could wrap her legs around him. They stood there dry fucking against the door until both of them began to feel frantic.

"Shawn..." she breathed in his ear as he nibbled on her collarbone.

"What baby?"

"I'm on the pill."

He pulled his head back and looked at her curiously. "That's great, but why are you telling me this right now?"

"Because you could lower those jeans and fuck me and it would be safe."

Subconsciously, his hips thrust forward, pinning her even harder against the door. "You sure?"

"Mmmhmmm," she replied as she bit her lower lip.

He kept one hand under her thigh to support her and used the other to unbutton and unzip his jeans. He shoved them down his thighs along with his boxers. Then he reached between her legs and pushed her panties to the side, thinking that it was quite fortuitous that she'd chosen to wear a dress. He stroked her to make sure she was ready and found that she was as excited as him. Kissing her deeply, he plunged inside her, reveling in the enhanced feeling of having no barrier.

As he pulled out and thrust back in, Taryn whimpered with pleasure. He took her wrists and held them against the door above her head with one hand while supporting her with the other. This position was definitely more precarious, so she had to put her trust in him that he wouldn't let her fall.

"Jesus...baby...you feel...so...good," he said as he pushed harder and deeper. His orgasm came on suddenly and with one final thrust he released inside her, groaning loudly.

The elastic of her panties had been rubbing her in a way that created a delightful friction. She consciously kept her climax at bay, but as he finished, she let go and came right after him, clenching around his dick as she shuddered and moaned. He let go of her wrists and wrapped his arms around her, nuzzling her neck as their breathing slowed. Then Shawn carefully set her down, though he didn't let go.

When they were both steady on their feet, they walked to his bedroom and took off their clothes. She set her large purse on the bedside table and took out her toothbrush, birth control pills, make-up wipes, a hairbrush, and a clean pair of cotton bikini panties.

"Do you mind if I take a shower?" she asked.

"Not if you don't mind me joining you."

"I'd love that."

He started the water and she brushed her teeth, took her pill, removed her make up, and let down her hair, brushing it out while he watched. Then she put it up again in a tight bun since washing and drying it would be a real pain and would take up too much time.

Shawn was already in the shower, and he gave her a broad smile when she stepped in. "Can I have the honor of washing that beautiful body?"

Her heart flipped in her chest. No one had ever made her feel so good about herself. "Yes."

He pumped some body wash into his hands and started at her neck, working his way down her body while soaping up her smooth skin. With surprising thoroughness, he got every inch of Taryn clean before using the detachable shower head to rinse her off. When he directed the jet of water between her legs she let out a loud gasp.

"You like that?" he asked, though he knew the answer.

She nodded.

He turned her so that her back was to him and pulled her close, ensuring that she was completely supported. "Put one leg up against the wall, sugar."

She eagerly followed his instructions. He adjusted something on the head and then positioned it so that pulsating spurts of water hit her perfectly. Mimicking how he used his fingers and his tongue, he moved the shower wand in slow circles.

"Oh god..." she moaned.

He wrapped his free arm across her chest so that she wouldn't fall and flicked a button at the base of the wand. It had been in water-conservation mode, but it was now coming out full force. The increase in pressure sent her over the edge almost instantaneously.

"Shawn!!!" she cried as her legs started shaking and her entire body was overcome with a powerful orgasm.

He loved it when she said his name during her peak and was rock hard by the time she slumped against him. He held onto her as he put the shower head back into its cradle. She was like putty in his arms and didn't object at all when he moved her so that her palms were pressed against the tile wall and her round ass was facing him. He gripped her hips and slowly eased himself inside her, knowing she was probably very sensitive. It didn't take long for him to come, despite there being very little rest between the first time. Instead of making a mess of what he'd just cleaned, he pulled out and released down the drain.

He gave her several long kisses before getting a towel and drying her off. Then Shawn carried her to his bed and gently placed her in it. By the time he crawled in beside her, Taryn was sound asleep.