Chapter 24

I woke up the next morning lonely. I was so used to waking up in Zayn's warm arms or on his chest that this felt weird.

I hadn't slept very well because I was still upset by what Zayn's father had said and the whole situation in general. We hadn't discussed any of the things his father had said and I wanted to talk to him about it. But I wasn't sure how to start.

I sat up in bed and looked out the giant windows. It was already pretty bright outside and I had no clue what time it was. I climbed out of bed and pulled on a bathing suit. I wanted to clear my head with a quick swim and then lay on the beach to warm up.

I opened the door to my room and one of the bodyguards was standing there. He escorted me down and sat at down in a chair a few chairs down from me.

I was still in awe of how beautiful the beaches were here. I wished I could wake up every morning and walk outside on a beach like this.

I took off my cover-up which I had put on so I wouldn't be walking around in a bikini in the hotel. I walked down to the water and quickly submerged myself in it. I loved how I didn't have to get adjusted to the temperature unlike Chicago. I swam out a good amount and then laid on my back and floated on the water.

I closed my eyes for a few minutes as I drifted. I took a few deep breaths to clear my head and enjoy the moment. I don't know how long I stayed there but I knew I was hungry when I was done.

I swam back in and toweled off before walking back upstairs. I walked into my room and gasped when I saw the biggest bouquet of flowers on the bed with a note on them. Beside the bed was enough food for 10 people. I picked up the note and read his handwriting slowly.

Good morning to my greatest love. I miss you more than you will ever know. I love you.

Zayn.

I blushed and bent down to smell the flowers. They smelled amazing, as expected. I sat down in the chair and started making myself a plate of food. I filled it with fruit, pastries, eggs, and some weird thing that smelled really good. Just before I took a bite, I heard a knock at my door.

I walked over and opened it to see a tired looking Zayn in front of me. "Am I disturbing you?"

"No, I was just sitting down to eat the lovely breakfast you had brought up for me. You're welcome to join." I smiled.

"Don't mind if I do," He smiled back weakly. I led him to the room we once shared and we both sat down awkwardly. We started eating in silence for a minute or two.

"Thank you so much for the flowers; they're lovely." I said as I took a sip of water.

"I'm glad you enjoyed them," He smiled. He reached over and took my hand, caressing it softly with my thumb. "I miss you, Ava."

"I miss you too," I sighed. "But I'm not sure about how much I can trust you anymore, Zayn. I know you had reasons for keeping that part of your life private but it hurts me. I'm also scared that what your dad said is going to affect us." Zayn put his fork down and leaned over to me. He kissed the back of my hand over and over.

"Nothing he said has any weight on our relationship. I love you with my whole being, Ava. He wants this to happen. He wants what he said to destroy us so he can arrange another marriage for me or try to set me and Alia back up again. It's not happening. I proposed to you because I want to be with you for the rest of my life." He said sweetly.

"He called me a whore, Zayn," I sighed.

"I know. I'm going to see him today and have a very stern word with him. But he is right...you are a whore...for me," His eyes twinkled and he squeezed my hand. I felt myself blush at his words. "And you're totally justified in not trusting me yet. I can't imagine how betrayed you feel. I'm so beyond sorry, baby." We waited in a moment of silence before resuming eating.