Chapter Twenty Two

Start from the beginning

"Ava, listen to me." He begged. His eyes were wet with tears.

"No, Zayn. You lied to me about everything." I said and took a step forward but he was still in the way.

"Ava." He wasn't going to let me leave. He was going to stand there and force me to listen to his sob story.

"No, Zayn." I said and shoved him hard. He stumbled back and his back hit the wall with a thud. I couldn't hold the tears back any long as I lowered myself into a ball and started crying. Hot tears were soaked up by my dress as I tried to block out everything. "How could you?" I looked up at him as he leaned against the wall.

"I didn't do it to hurt you, Ava. You know that." He said sincerely but I wasn't buying it.

"Do I really know that? You've been lying to me this entire time and it only came out because of your father. You didn't even tell me," I said as tears were still pouring down my face. My body was shaking with anger and sadness and every emotion in between.

He was never going to tell me. He was going to keep it a secret until it was forced to come up like it was today or if it hadn't gotten forced up, he wouldn't have told me ever. He was going to marry me with such a large secret.

"Ava, let me explain."

"I don't care what shitty explanation you have, Zayn. I'm leaving." I said and stood up. I grabbed my bags and started for the door.

"I'll leave." He said suddenly. "You stay here in this room and we can both cool down, okay? I'll get another room and stay there." He was essentially begging me to stay and not leave. He was grasping at straws. "We can talk about this after we've both had some time to think." I didn't want time to think about Zayn and his f.ucking cousin f.ucking. It was absolutely disgusting.

"I want to leave Dubai," I said back at him. I watched his face as his heart broke but he didn't start crying again. He wanted to tell me not to leave Dubai but something in him knew that would just push me away more.

"If that's what you really want, then I'll transfer money to your account so you can buy a plane ticket." He looked at the ground for a second. "But please just let me explain before you leave, okay? I wouldn't be this adamant about this unless I knew you would understand."

I sighed. Did I really want to throw all of this away? Did I want to change our relationship forever? The answer was no to both so I nodded and wiped my tears away. My tears were black, meaning my makeup had been washed away. I probably looked like a train wreck.

"Thank you," He smiled weakly. "I'm going to go downstairs and get another room. I'll come back here in a few hours and we can talk, okay?"

"Okay," I sighed.

"I love you, Ava." He said softly and waited for a reply but I wasn't giving him one. He sighed and then opened the door and left.

* * *

I wasn't even sad anymore I was just numb and tired. I had cried all of my tears out and I had nothing left to cry. My cheeks were dry but still covered with the tautness the tears had left.

I felt a loneliness that I had never felt before. I felt abandoned by him. I felt betrayed by him.

After crying in my bed for about an hour, I had fallen asleep only to wake up an hour and a half later still tired. I was glad I didn't have any dreams because I was somewhat scared that I would have a nightmare. I was mentally exhausted right now. Somehow I got out of bed and made my way to the shower.

I was half awake in the shower as I let the hot water roll over my body. I washed myself slowly and then got out. I didn't have the energy to go get my clothes from the other room so I put on the same clothes I was just wearing. I brushed my hair out and dried it a little more.

I heard a knock at the door to the hotel room so I slowly walked over and opened the door. Zayn was standing there waiting for me. His eyes were red and puffy and he looked as if he had been crying since we had parted. I let him in and we both sat down on the couches in silence.

There wasn't as much tension as there had been in the hospital but I could still feel it. Neither of us wanted to be the first one to speak and break the silence.

"How have you been?" He asked. He was trying to be polite and ease his way into the conversation.

"Alright," I said as I avoided his eyes. I saw him nod out of the corner of my eye. He realized I wasn't about to ask him how he was because I was so upset with him.

"I'm so sorry, Ava. I should've told you about this sooner." He said and moved his body closer to mine. He held my hands gently but I pulled them away. I wanted to hear his explanation before I decided anything.

"Are you going to tell me or not?" I looked up at him and he stared in my eyes for a second before putting his head down so he was looking at the floor.

He took a deep breath before he spoke. "It was an arranged marriage."