(2) Being Touched

Start from the beginning

I had lost hope for this many years ago though.

When people in high school started finding their soulmate one by one and I was all alone. When everyone found their perfect match and I had nobody. When I was crying at my parents casket with no one to hold me..

Those were the moments I realized their was no one meant for me.. that perhaps I was meant to be alone.

I thought that perhaps the moon on my body meant darkness.

That maybe it was a curse, and perhaps god had made a mistake when he crafted it. Maybe he made it to where I wasn't supposed to have light in my life.

Light.

I hadn't seen it in so long, the word was almost humorous to me.

I let out a humorless chuckle at the thought and continue walking while twisting my ring in between my fingers. It was out of habit.. It had been the ring Itachi had given to me as a graduation gift. It was the only thing I had left of him..

The top of it had broken off slightly making it sharp but I couldn't bring myself to fix it.

It felt almost wrong to. It felt as if it represented me in someway..

I had been so fixated on the object that I failed to see the thing walking towards me.

With a loud thump I walk right into a hard object, the man gets knocked down by the force and I fall right on top of him.

I rub my head and look up at him, readying myself for the apology I know I'll have to come up with. He was a fairly handsome man with brown hair and brown eyes. I expect his eyes to hold rage but they hold a mysterious glint as I look into them.

"Well hello gorgeous." He says with a smirk. I blush out of embarrassment and immediately look away. "S-sorry, that was my fault.." I whisper and immediately get off of him. I nervously go to leave but freeze as I feel the absence of a certain object.

My ring..

I look around frantically searching for the shiny object but can't see the shine anywhere.

"Looking for this?"

My head snaps in the direction of the familiar voice and brown eyes connect with mine. Relief fills my body as I go to reach for it but before I can even brush it he yanks it away. He puts it above his head with a smirk.

"Please, give it back." I plea but he only holds it higher. I struggle and try again, "Sir plea-

"Go out with me." He randomly says. My eyes widen at the request.

"W-what?" I say

"You heard me. I'll consider giving you your ring back if you go out on a date with me." His face holds the same expression as before.

I really didn't want to.. I didn't even know his name. It was all so random and made no sense.. But the dread I felt when I looked at that ring in his hand was all I needed to make my decision. "Fine." I say emotionlessly and he smirks in return.