"Sister, how lovely to see you here, although it is no place for a Duchess," he joked, probably trying to keep things light for Daphne's sake, and not bombard her with questions of her feelings today.
She laughed, "I may do whatever I please, but... if Mama does ask, you did not see me here."
"Bridgerton, do you mind keeping Daphne company for a moment? I wanted to discuss the match with Will for a moment."
"Not a problem, we will go take our seats for the match. Good luck Will," he nodded at Will, then curiosity crossed his face as he nodded at Simon. Daphne met Simon's eyes for a moment, a silent I love you exchanged within them, before she was whisked away towards the stands by Anthony.

"Your grace, I know that look. What is on that dark mind of yours?" Will asked bluntly, getting straight the point.
"I need your help, I do not wish to get into details, but Nigel Berbrooke must die. He attacked my wife last night, but I promised her I would not be involved in his death. But he must die, I cannot live with myself as long as he is alive." Simon couldn't
get the words out fast enough, they seemed to just spill out one after the other with no thought.

"Simon, say no more. You just give me the details. He will beg us to kill him, he will regret his disgraceful actions. Daphne's honour will be fought for, without doubt." Will said sternly, and pulled Simon in for a quick hug as the match was about to begin. Simon felt a brief sense of relief, Berbrooke would get what he deserves, and then, he and Daphne could start to build the life they now both dreamed of, together.

Simon returned to his wife side in the stands, interlocking their hands together. Daphne let out a deep breath, as she relaxed now that he was back where he belonged, his hand in hers. The match begun, and they were all mesmerized by the constant back and forth between Will, and his opponent. Will was the best boxer in town, Simon knew it, but this lad was giving him a good fight. Will lurched forward, swinging a hard-upper cut to the jaw, knocking the opponent to the ground. Anthony jumped to his feet and cheered, he must have placed a bet on Will, Simon had thought. The lad somehow, was slowly climbing to his feet before the final count was reached, and Anthony sat back down as he waited to see what happened.

Suddenly, Simon felt Daphne squeeze his hand as if she was giving birth, and her breath caught as her body became rigid. "Daphne, what's wrong?" he implored, but as he followed where her eyes were locked, he knew exactly what the problem was. Simon lost all sensibility, he released Daphne's hand as he got up and took off towards Nigel Berbrooke who was standing at the entrance of the room. Fury coursed in his veins and his entire body shook with rage.

"Simon, no!" Daphne yelled out, as she attempted to chase after him in her dress, followed by Anthony trying to beat her there through the crowd that was now forming at the entrance way.

As Berbrooke registered Simon charging towards him, he ran through the entrance way back outdoors. He was not as fit as Simon, making it merely too easy to catch him as Simon yanked the back of his jacket and threw him to the ground.

Simon kicked him in the ribs and said "You will regret the day you chose to lay a finger on my wife, you despicable," another kick, "worthless" another, "man," and delivered one last kick to the ribs.

"I told you once you were not worthy of breathing her air, and now you will cease to breath any at all"

He then moved over him, and started to deliver blows left and right to his head. Berbrooke struggled, trying to get his hands to reach around Simon's neck. But all of his boxing with Will paid off, as he was able to dodge his attempts while delivering his fists to Berbrooke's face. Simon then heard a crack, and he was sure it was his nose as blood started to pool over his entire face. He did not care, for all he could feel was pure hatred for this poor representation of a man.

Daphne pushed her way through the crowd to finally get through the exit doors, and she felt winded as she laid eyes on the scene in front of her. Simon over Berbrooke, who was struggling to wrap his hands around Simon's neck. She went to run towards them, to save Simon from getting hurt when Anthony grabbed her from behind and held her back.

"Let go of me" she insisted.
"Sister, he deserves this. Let it be, Simon will be fine," he replied, a hint of jealousy on his tongue, for he wished to deliver a few blows to Berbrooke as well.

Simon was lost in his rage, unable to stop, until he heard his wife's worried voice screaming for him to stop. He looked up and saw Daphne squirming as she tried to release from her brother's hold on her. This left Simon unguarded, as Berbrooke hit him hard on the right side of his head. Simon fell over, and Berbrooke climbed over top of him, returning the blows left and right.

Adrenaline coursed through Daphne's veins, allowing her to break through her brother's hold and run towards the fight. Her heart thudded in her chest, as she got closer to the man who reigned in her nightmares, but she would not watch Simon be hurt. She could not stomach the mere thought of it. She ran towards them, and with all her strength, kicked Berbrooke in the back, sending him flying off of Simon.

Simon's eyes widened as he realized Daphne was there, in the middle of their fight. This was all he needed to be able to jump up and put himself in front of Daphne before Berbrooke could reach her. But, they had no retaliation to worry about, as Anthony was getting his turn in at revenge. Will had reached the fight now, and pulled Anthony off of Berbrooke, then whispered something in his ear. Anthony nodded, and they proceeded to drag Berbrooke back into the arena. Both carrying out the promise Will had made to Simon about finishing the job.

Daphne gently pulled on Simon's arm, turning him to face her. Her eyes frantically scanned his body, searching for any sign of injury, as pools of tears surfaced in them.
"Are you okay?" she breathed out.

Simon took a steadying breath, as he was still coming down from the fury that took over his sense of control.

"I am perfectly well, why did you put yourself at risk-" he began to chastise her.

"I refuse to stand by and watch you be hurt Simon, I would rather it had been me, truly. I admire you for defending me, and I know if it were reversed, I would want to do the same as you did, but it scares me to see you like that. Promise me no more fighting please?" she pleaded, her tears falling freely now.

Simon gently wiped them away, and said "My love, I cannot guarantee such a thing when it comes to protecting you. I will do whatever it takes to keep you safe. Seeing how tense you became at the sight of him, I needed to make it go away. He will go away for good, and I know you are too pure to understand this, but please try."

"I think I do now, because seeing him on you... all I wanted was for him to disappear for good. Is that what my brother and Will are seeing to right now?" she replied, a fierceness to her tongue.

Simon nodded, and Daphne moved closer to rest her head on his chest, and took in deep breaths of her safe haven. Simon held her tightly against his chest, and only now did he realize the crowd they had attracted. Surely Lady Whistledown will have a grand time with this story.

"Let us leave here, we should return home. Let me run you a bath, to relax you" Simon said softly and planted a kiss on her forehead.

"Will they... will they be safe? I do not want my brother getting hurt," Daphne asked quietly.

"Will has promised to take care of it, and I trust him to do so. Anthony is doing his duty as viscount, seeing that your honour is being defended and taken care of." Simon and Anthony may have had their quarrels, but they were brothers through and through, he trusted him to take care of any concerns his family may face.

Daphne nodded, and leaned on her tiptoes to kiss Simon deeply, trying to give him every ounce of the love she felt for him in one kiss. An impossible task, but she tried anyways. He emulated her kiss, kissing her so passionately that it shall top the fight in Lady Whistledown's report tomorrow.

Simon paused, brushing his lips against Daphne's as he said "I love you."
She smiled against his lips, "And I you, Simon. Always."