Revenge

Daphne swung her leg over Simon's hip, as he started his expedition of trailing kisses from her jaw to her chest. She leaned her head back to give him easier access, and sighed in content from his touch. He kissed her jaw once more, nipping as he moved down towards her neck, letting out hot breaths as he moved on to his next target. As soon as his lips met her neck, she recoiled from his touch as her neck was still tender from the attack, and let out a cry of pain. Simon instantly stopped, and she could see the sheer worry on his face as his brows furrowed in a mixture of emotions. Daphne covered her eyes with her hands, embarrassed by her inability to give her husband what he desires.

"Simon, I apologize. I do wish to continue, you have no idea how badly I need you. But-"
He cut her off before she could continue a lengthy apology that she owed no one.

"But nothing, Daphne. Look at me please," he pleaded as he gently ran his fingers over the hands that covered her face. She let her own hands fall with his, but kept her eyes averted from his. She felt strange, she so badly needed Simon, it had been so long since they released with one another, but her body needed to catch up still. He gently lifted her chin with his finger, forcing her to meet his gaze. God, how she wanted to drown in the depth of his warm brown eyes.

"You do not owe anyone anything. Forgive me, I should have stopped myself sooner. I tend to lose sense of all things when I am with you." Daphne smiled, she knew that feeling all too well.

"Soon my love, I plan to spend hours making you release over and over again, making sure no part of your body remains untouched by my lips. I will make you feel like the goddess you are, and have you screaming to the man above for me." Daphne's bottom lip dropped in shock, but also in pleasure. She was already wet thinking about it. Simon ran his thumb over her bottom lip, pushing it back to meet her top lip, then leaned in to gently give her a quick kiss.

"I shall dream of this until it becomes truth your grace," Daphne said as she lay back down on the bed, and patted the spot next to her for Simon to join.
"I will only be too happy to make this dream come true," he said with a sly smile.
He then resumed his job as protector of nightmares, as she nestled herself onto his chest once more. Simon kissed the top of her head and squeezed his eyes shut, imagining that the more love he put into it, the more it would protect her.

He whispered "Do dream of me Daphne, for all I dream is of you," as he stroked her back until she was asleep. Simon on the other hand, could not sleep. All he could think about was Berbrooke once again, and his hands around his wife's neck. He shuttered at the image, and wished he had never told Daphne he would not personally see to his death, because he wanted nothing more than to strangle him with his bare hands. That devilish man was not worthy of breathing the same air as her, Simon had made that clear once before, let alone putting his hands on her so cruelly. He could barely touch his lips to her neck without her crying out in pain, magnifying how close Daphne had really been to death due to the pressure needed to leave that much damage. Simon's stomach felt hollow, his heart heavy and his mind racing. No pain has compared to this, not even his father not wanting him, or his mother's death.
So, Simon decided. He will abide by his wife's wishes, he will not kill him, but he will get his revenge before someone finishes the job for him. This someone he would be seeing tomorrow, as it was the last fight of the season before they head back to Clyvedon.

Daphne had insisted on going with him to the boxing match, as she feared to be alone. Simon did not oblige as he should of, because he felt calmer knowing he could protect her if she was with him. He also felt like they had already spent too much time apart during their brief fallout. He did not wish for any more space between them than needed.

As they entered the boxing match, Simon kept an eye out for Will. He needed to talk to him about helping him get rid of Berbrooke for good, but he also did not want to leave Daphne by herself. It was then that Anthony Bridgerton appeared in the back corner of the room, talking to Will, and his wife, a solution to Simon's situation. As they approached, Daphne let go of Simon's arm and ran into her brother's open arms, a smile spreading across her face. Simon loved to see her smile like this, she truly loved her family. Their family.