1:ONE

▪︎

▪︎

Vienna Silva slid the final throwing knife inside her suitcase before she zipped it up, a satisfied smile on her face as she lifted the box off her bed and onto the floor. She wheeled the suitcase out of her room after glancing at the dark walls for the last time, then closed the door behind her. The girl slowly ventured down the stairs to where her father was waiting for her, the familiar Alfean armour strapped across his upper body and the large sword sheathed across his back.

"You know, I'm still surprised you're letting me join the specialist academy," Vie spoke as she walked down the final few steps and placed the suitcase by her feet. "I figured you would have changed your mind by now."

"Well, a part of me still doesn't want you to join sweetheart," Saul Silva admitted as he placed his hands on her shoulders. "I'd still prefer for you to join the other fairies, but if your heart is set on becoming a specialist, then who am I to stop you?"

Vienna beamed as she wrapped her arms around his waist and laid her head against his chest. "I love you Dad."

"I love you too sweetheart," he responded with a small chuckle as he wrapped both of his arms around her tight. "Now," he started as he pulled back, eyeing the several boxes lining the side of the wall. "Do you really need to take all this to Alfea?"

"What kind of question is that?" she questioned with a grin. "Half of those are for training."

"Vienna," he warned as a smile threatened to take over his face. "How many knives did you pack exactly."

"Uhh," she trailed off as she ducked under his arm and hastily walked through the front door with her suitcase. "Maybe all of them?" she responded as she turned her head back to throw a cheeky smile towards her father.

"Vienna Silva, you do not need over a hundred knives," he called out in disbelief from behind her.

"What was that?" she questioned in a raised voice as she placed the black suitcase in the car. "I can't seem to hear you Dad." She turned back towards him as she closed the door of the car, and snorted when she saw him shake his head at her.

"At least I know I don't have to worry about protecting you," he shrugged as Vienna walked back inside and leaned down to pick up a box.

"Yeah, yeah old man," she nodded as she shoved the box into his chest. "These boxes aren't gonna move by themselves. Come on."

Vienna watched as her father gaped his mouth at her before walking outside towards the car, the box in his arms threatening to slip due to the sheer weight of it. "You watch who you're calling an old man. Otherwise, I'll take it out on you when I train you at Alfea."

"You can't do that, that's harassment. I'll tell on you."

"Who are you gonna tell?" He queried with a laugh as he battled to shove the box into the car. "I'm the headmaster for the specialists."

"Yeah, and I'm sure Farah will whoop your ass if you're mean to me." He went still before turning towards the girl, a grimace on his face.

"Yeah, she definitely will. But still," he warned as he pointed a non-threatening finger at her. "You better not expect any special treatment from me."

"I wouldn't expect anything less."

▪︎☆▪︎

Short chapter just to get the ball rolling

A x

(banner by @ -willsherondales<3)