▪︎Important Fight▪︎

Start from the beginning

"Let's go" Harper said as he lead the others to the changing room to change. I quickly follow Selena when I notice her already heading in the gymnasium. Wow that's a lot of people...I wonder how I never notice how big the crowd is...

"Hm..." I hum when I notice Selena placing all the folded towels together neatly.

"How is your relationship with Jacob? Fun? Romantic? Thrilling?" I asked and she finally turns around. I smile when I could see her blushing a bit. Is she perhaps thinking about Jacob?

"We've been taking it slow and its surprisingly doing well. Of course I threatened to kill him if I ever catch him cheated" She said with a bright smile. Okaaaay, I'm not gonna question about the last part.

"Alright" I turn around when I heard Harper. I smile seeing him stand at the front of the others. Aw what a captain moment.

"Be sure to warm up properly, its important or you'll get injured" Harper said while the boys all scattered to start warming up at their spots. I was gonna help Selena with the water bottles until I was approached by Harper.

"Is it just me or does Oikawa seem a little bit off?" Harper said and I immediately look at Oikawa to check if he's right. I felt a cold sweat rolling down my forehead when I saw Oikawa using his head to practice setting the ball to the wall. Uh I think he's probably just testing out some new strategy.

"Y/N, can you help me with this?" Selena asked as she struggles to write on her notebook while also moving the water bottles.

"I have to go. Good luck" I hurry my way towards Selena without waiting for Harper to respond. I quickly helped her carry the water bottles in her hands and place it on the side of the bench. Okay...I guess I'll just put these here for now...

Eventually the match started with the teams lining up at each side of the volleyball court. This is really intense, also I still wonder why does the creepy dude have wide shoulders? I feel like I might fall if he ever bump into me. Harper and their #1 walked to the middle to shake hands, the referee took out a penny and I knew where this is going. Heads or tails right? It was decided that Shinrinyoku is heads while Ukiyo is tails. The referee gave the penny a toss and it landed on heads. Oh I think I'm having mix reactions...

Harper and their captain went back to their teams and I was getting nervous by how serious they all look. Their #9 grab the ball and went to the back of the volleyball court. Oh so he's gonna be serving? He looks so scary! He bounced the ball a couple of times before doing a jump serve. I was relieved when Harper was there to receive the ball. With the ball back up in the air, Oikawa set the ball to Jacob but there was 3 blockers in his way. Jacob groans and ended up slamming the ball into one of their palms to return the ball back. The match just started and it already looks intense...Oikawa set the ball for Jacob again while Daisuke acted as a decoy.

It was a shame when one of the blockers managed to touch the ball to slow down the ball's momentum. A one touch is what it's called. The first set is already like a war zone. Whenever we get a point, Shinrinyoku will also get a point to make us stay tied. I'm not that good with volleyball but I know the others are definitely having a hard time out smarting Shinrinyoku. With that creepy dude in their team, it intimidates me even more. He's so tall and is their ace! Oikawa toss the ball to Lucas who was skilled enough to spike the ball through the block. Wow Lucas is so strategic...I guess that's why he's always so calm...

You already know how the rest of the set went. Intense...that's the word for it...Shinrinyoku was so good at both their defence and offense that they were able to get the lead, leaving us 2 points behind. Just as I finish that thought, that creepy dude spiked the ball over the net and scored themself a point. Ah...they won the set...Even the timeouts sensei called didn't help at all. I watch the boys walk back with a gloomy expression. Aw don't get discouraged just yet...We can still win this back like the match we had yesterday.

"Ah Y/N-chan, it feels like my arms are gonna break" Oikawa said in a tired tone while he rest his forehead on my shoulder. I roll my eyes with a defeated smile.

"Should I ask coach to switch you out?" I stroke his head. He tiredly grunts as he shake his head.

"I'm fine...just let me recharge" He said and started to nuzzle his head on my neck. I blush. His hair is seriously fluffy.

"I have to win...I promised you that..." He mumbles under his breath. Oh Oikawa, you don't really have to break your body to do that.

After everyone had their break, it was time to start the second set. With what coach and sensei told them, hopefully we can win this set so they don't win. It's the only thing we can do right now. Their #9 grabbed the ball and went to position, its him serving again. He bounced the ball a couple of times before doing a jump serve. Wow! Enmei didn't waste a second and quickly dive in to receive the ball. Thank goodness...Lucas passed the ball to Oikawa who immediately set the ball for Daisuke. He jumped and spiked the ball over the net, I don't know if this is luck but we got the first point! That's awesome!

The boys all continued playing the match with this new vibe and feeling. We're scoring points! I was so excited that I didn't notice Selena staring at me with a smile. Even though Shinrinyoku tried breaking our momentum by calling a timeout, it didn't work. Slowly and steadily we made it to 24 points with Shinrinyoku just one point from catching up with us. Oikawa hold the ball close to his chest as he took a deep breath. He then threw the ball up high and did a crazy strong jump serve. I jump to my feet when I saw their Libero managing to receive the ball. Wow!

Their setter tossed the ball to the creepy dude but when he tried to spike the ball, Harper, Lucas, Jacob stood in his way and blocked him. I couldn't help but be impressed when that creepy dude was able to get the ball through the block by slamming the ball into the tips of their fingers. Quick! Enmei received the ball in time but it was off, the ball was flying off court! Oikawa stomp on his foot before chasing it down, he jumped and set the ball for Jacob without even caring about the consequences. I cover my mouth in shock when Jacob was able to get the ball over the net. Yes we won the set!

My smile weaken when I saw Oikawa colliding into the benches not long after his feet touched the ground. I quickly head over to him and kneeled down beside him, carefully helping him to sit while the others headed towards our direction in concern. I blush when he decided to rest with his head on my shoulder, watching him close his eyes as his lips made a tiny smile made me felt better. If he has the strength to flirt then hes fine. I look at coach when I could feel his shadow hovering over me and Oikawa. He raised his eyebrow at Oikawa who still has his eyes closed. Freak! I quickly jerk my shoulder to wake Oikawa up.

"Hm?" He hums tiredly but his eyes soon flew wide open when he notice us being surrounded by everyone. Surprised? You should be.

"Are you okay Oikawa? Did you injure your head?" Harper asked Oikawa and he just stared at him. Is he zoning out? At a time like this?!

"Oi are you dead or not?" Lucas gently kick Oikawa with his feet and that made Oikawa snap out of his head. Finally, he's back and not daydreaming anymore.

"I-I'm fine...my head just hurts a bit" He rub the back of his head before getting up, I then got up and stood beside him. It was quiet until Jacob wrap his arm across Oikawa's shoulder.

"Nice job you idiot, we won the second set because of you" Jacob stroke Oikawa's head with a proud smile. Um I think you're making Oikawa angry by doing that...

"Come on, we don't have the time to celebrate just yet. We need to win this next set" Harper said and we all looked at him. Yeah I guess you make a good point, it's really not over yet.