A Couple, A Blonde and An Unstoppable Team

Alya couldn't believe her eyes when Ladybug and Chat Noir showed up at the door of her and Nino's apartment that evening.

"Oh my gosh! Ladybug! Chat Noir! I can't believe that you're here. I feel like it's been forever since you guys came to visit. Is there another akuma attack? Do you need my help?" she asked excitedly, practical jumping up and down.

"There's no akuma attack at the moment, but we will be needing your help," Ladybug replied.

Alya squealed.

"Uh, alright if we come inside?" Chat Noir asked awkwardly from the hallway.

"Yes, of course! Come in, come in! Babe!" she shouted into the apartment. "Come see who's here!"

Nino came out of the bedroom and almost fainted at seeing the superheroes. "No way!" he exclaimed before running up to them and extending out his hand.

"Hey man, how's it going?" Chat Noir asked, fist bumping him.

"Things have been great here! What about you two? It's been way too long since you've stopped by. You guys did so awesome yesterday at the akuma attack by the way. It's crazy that Hawk Moth is back, huh?"

"Yeah, crazy," Ladybug said unenthusiastically. "That's actually why we're here."

Nino and Alya were grinning ear to ear, both having a pretty good idea about where this conversation was going.

Ladybug sighed. "Here you go," she said, unceremoniously tossing their Miraculouses to them.

They each caught their own. Alya danced in place for a second as she looked at her necklace. "But wait," she said, stopping. "You just said there wasn't another akuma attack going on. So why are you giving these to us right now?"

"I want you to keep them," Ladybug explained. "I don't want to waste time trying to track you guys down every time there's an attack."

Nino's mouth fell open. "You trust us enough to let us keep them?" he asked incredulously.

"Yes, we do," Chat Noir replied.

Nino and Alya looked at each other before embracing in a quick hug.

"This is so amazing," Alya squealed as she broke away, tears of joy in her eyes. "Thank you so much, we won't let you down!"

"We know you won't," Ladybug said. "Now, things are a little different than last time. This is a new Hawk Moth that we're dealing with. And she doesn't just have the Butterfly Miraculous, but all of them except for ours, the Bee and the Rabbit."

"No way! She got the other Miraculouses?" Alya asked.

"Wait, Hawk Moth is a chick?" Nino asked, completely confused.

Alya groaned and turned to him. "I already told you that! My station has been covering the story non-stop since yesterday. The victim clearly said that it was a woman's voice that spoke to him."

"Well yeah, but I didn't really believe it."

"Anyway," Chat Noir continued. "She's extremely dangerous, so we need your help. Not only during the akuma attacks, but also as your regular selves. If either of you find out any information through your work, we need you to tell us."

They both nodded fervently, the smiles refusing to leave their faces.

"Be careful and keep each other safe," Ladybug added. "We need to make another stop, so we have to go now. We'll talk soon."

"One thing before you go," Nino said, stopping them. "Do you two know what happened to the old Hawk Moth? I mean, I know the rumor that you killed him isn't true."