The attendant pitied her upon seeing her crestfallen face. “Would you want me to check if I could reschedule you on the next flight?”

She was energized, finding a mirage of hope. “Oh my, that would be great!” She answered excitedly. The attendant quickly tapped away on the computer keys and after a few minutes of waiting, she smiled at Dara. “There’s an available seat on the next plane, ma’am. It would depart in forty-five minutes. Would you like a seat?”

“YES!” Dara replied in all enthusiasm. When she noticed the weird looks she was getting, she toned it down and smiled shyly at the attendant. “Yes, uhm, thanks.”

The attendant returned her boarding pass. “No problem, ma’am.”

She sighed as she received it and went straight to the security. She checked her gate and sat for a while on the waiting area. Bom will really butcher her when she knows the situation. Well, Dara’s colleagues at the high school where she taught for a year threw her a party. She made friends there as well and they were all sad to see her go. Needless to say, the party dragged on, leaving Dara exhausted and unable to wake up at the right hour.

Aigoo, I have to get my ear ready, she thought as she started dialling Bom’s number. To her surprise, it was only ringing, but no one’s answering the other line. She tried calling her again for two more times before giving up and dialling TOP’s number. She was pursuing the couple since Jiyong already mentioned that the two of them will be the ones who’ll fetch her at the airport.

She was about to call again when her flight was called. She turned off her phone and went to the line, wanting to snag a place early so she can sleep well at the aircraft.

--

South Korea, Incheon International Airport, 11:30 AM...

Bom and TOP were anxious. It had been thirty minutes but Dara was still not around. “God, where’s that woman?!” Bom hissed under her breath, furiously typing a message on her phone for Chaerin and Youngbae who were with Jiyong at the moment.

TOP, who was usually a very calm person, started feeling nervous too. Dara was still not around and their surprise for her will really get wasted if it’s not done on time.

Bom’s phone rang and she quickly answered it. “Youngbae!”

“NOONA! Jesus, Jiyong’s close to peeing himself!” He reported. “Chae’s trying to calm him down but he’s hopeless!”

“OH MY GOD.” Bom exclaimed. She was really feeling worn out too. They have planned the surprise for three months, especially her, but she was feeling irritated that her efforts will be in vain. “Tell Jiyong I’ll kill him if he messes up!”

“But, Dara noona’s still not there?” Youngbae replied, his voice tinged with worry. “Jiyong told us he spoke to her yesterday, she was going to the airport then.”

“I know.” Bom answered. “We’re really nervous too. God, there hadn’t been reports on plane crashes on JFK, right?”