Sky And The Wind

In less time than it took to blink, he stepped forward. He'd moved so fast that I'd barely been able to register the movement at all.

I jerked as he stopped in front of me, barely a foot away. That's when I noticed Konai's arm braced straight out, his hand gripping Teddy's arm tightly. But Teddy gave no reaction, as though Konai wasn't touching him at all.

I glanced nervously towards the other guardians. Tins face was ghostly pale, Miki looked furious, and the other five boys glanced nervously between Teddy and Konai. I looked up into Konai's face, trying to gauge the situation, but his eyes were focused only on Teddy's profile, his eyes narrowed to dangerous slits.

"I'm fine..." Teddy whispered, but his eyes never left mine.

I looked to Konai again, his knuckles turning white with the effort he was using to grasp Teddy's bicep. "Konai, you're hurting him..." I reached out and placed my hand gently on Konai's arm. He exhaled slowly and turned to look at me.

"What?" He sounded confused.

"What?" Teddy echoed.

I pulled on his sleeve, "Let go, you're hurting him." I said calmly, and I tugged again, "Let go of Teddy."

He stared at me a moment, but his hand only relaxed on Teddy's arm. Teddy shifted and tilted his head, "You're worried about him hurting me?" He sounded surprised.

I shrugged and nodded, "Yeah..... I guess so."

He threw back his head and barked out a laugh, so loudly that I jumped. He snapped forward, Konai's arm falling away, and picked me up, my feet dangling in the air. He laughed into my ear and hugged me tightly for a moment, then sat me back on my feet. I gasped for lack of air, then stared at him, eyes wide, "What was that about?"

He chuckled again and stepped back, the nervous laughter of the other guardians echoing behind him. Tin made a hacking sound and fell backwards onto the grass and the others laughed. Konai shook his head, "It wasn't that bad...."

Tin gasped, "You guys are gonna kill me with the dramatics."

Teddy snorted and shook his head, then smiled at me, "Wow, you really are beautiful."

It was my turn to make a hacking sound, "Wha-what?"

Konai crossed his arms, smiling. "Told you so."

Teddy rolled his eyes and looked back at him, "Yeah, shut up. I just didn't realize she was gorgeous."

I took a small step back, "Oh crap, you really did get hit by lightening, didn't you?"

Konai burst out laughing while Teddy looked thoroughly confused, "Uh, what is she talking about?"

But he didn't answer, he just kept laughing. I crossed my arms and glared at both of them, "He acted crazy the day after his birthday too, I just figure you both got hit by lightening during the storm."

Teddy's mouth lifted up in a smirk, and even the other boys snickered. "No, no lightening, though it may feel like that..."

Konai put his hand on Teddy's shoulder and he moved to the side so that Konai could stand in front of me. "Sorry, he's just seeing something he hadn't noticed before."

I looked down at myself and back up, "Um, I'm still me. He's the one that's different." I pointed a finger over Konai's shoulder at Teddy. He winked at me.

"Well.... that's it exactly." Miki pushed his glasses to the top of his head.

I tossed my arms up, "I don't get it." I said, frustrated.