Chapter 18: How Peter Met Him

Começar do início

Peter quickly found himself near the hole he had made but with only a single problem, he was surrounded.

Making one of the most irrational decisions of his life, he jumped.

He could feel the gravity attracting him towards the Earth. Peter needed to think and fast.

He tried to slow down his fall by using his webs and attaching them to the plane. When he was about about to hit the water with about a kilometre left he could feel his fall being slowed down. But nevertheless he crashed into the water. He could vaguely see a figure swimming but regarded it as a object of his hallucination. Exhaustion and the near death made him feel like sleeping. With his last thread of consciousness he felt himself being cradled to surprisingly warm chest.

-----------

Peter next woke up to a warm fire place and him tucked inside a bundle of blankets. When he tried to push himself up in a sitting position he could feel his muscles voicing their argument.

He heard the faint sound of footsteps and looked up to see a man with green eyes. He looked to be in his late twenties and had a cup in a hand and a plate in another. The man opened his mouth to ask a question that stopped him from thinking any further, "So would you like some cookies and hot chocolate?".

The man gestured to the cup and plate in his hand and silently set them down beside Peter. Peter rose his eyebrow at the man seeing the blue coloured cookies but still hesitantly brought them to his mouth and bit a small piece of it(all advices of not eating things a stranger gives you flying out of the window). His eyes then gleamed after tasting them and he cheekily picked one more.

The man silently sat on a chair near them,running his hands through his hair and asked,"Well kid how does it fell to be awake?".
Peter snarkly replied, "Like my muscles just went through a massage." After hearing his reply the man's green eyes danced in amusement.

Peter then recalled that he hadn't even known his saviours name,"Well you saved me and I don't even know your name." The man replied to him stretching his hands forward," Percy Jackson", Peter then proceeded to shake Percy's hand in a firm grip. Peter could feel the calloused hands beneath his touch but he also couldn't shake off the power that Percy radiated.

Peter debated whether to give the mam his name and deciding to go with his gut instincts he replied,"Peter Parker, and I am terribly sorry but I find your name really similar." Peter then saw into Percy's amused eyes which were twinkling.

"If I may,"Percy cautiously asked,Peter nodded,"If I wanted to go diving I would choose a better location than the North Atlantic Ocean. At this time of the the river is rather chilling".

Peter simply blushed and averted his eyes.

Percy then spoke, "Well Peter leaving that aside I want to ask you if you can contact someone."

Peter pursed his lips and then mentally ran through some names. Aunt May was out of the equation and the only person that wouldn't ask him questions about what the hell he was even doing in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean was Tony. As reluctant as he was to admit that the billionaire had become a important figure in his life the situation called for his help.

Peter then nodded at Percy and silently asked if he could borrow his phone, Percy handed the phone to Peter and moved a few steps away to give Peter privacy.

Peter punched in the numbers with revised familiarity and failed to notice that Tony's name had already been saved.

Peter anxiously bit his lip hearing the ringtone, terrified of what could come next.When the ding of the phone being answered was made he tightened the hand gripping the phone."Mr Stark?", Peter questioned when Tony on the other side felt puzzled that Peter was calling him with Percy's phone.

Deciding that the interrogation could wait after he knew what was going on Tony asked Peter about the situation with Peter hesitantly answering all the questions that came his way.

Despite knowing the answer Tony asked Peter a last question, "Peter can you tell me your location?" ,Tony finally breathed a sigh of relief and confirmed his suspicious when his best friends voice answered the question on the other side of the call, knowing that the kid was in safe hands.

---------

Peter and Percy both chatted about quite a few topics. Percy also inquired about his schoolwork and subjects. After hearing that Peter took Latin as a subject, Percy offered tutoring him. He embarrassed, admitted to it not being one of his strong points.

Both conversed with a relaxing ease.

A knock on the door brought their conversation to a halt. Percy alerted that he would go get the door with a gesture of his hand. Percy opened the door only to be met with the sight of a man that he had come to call a best friend, "Tony, I did not expect you to come, we were just waiting for someone", Percy opened the door and welcomed Tony in. Tony then proceeded to go into the living room where he knew Peter would be.

"Well it seems that the person you were waiting for was me", Tony told Percy who was close behind him.

Peter sighed tiredly after hearing them talk and asked,"You two know each other don't you". Tony then helpfully added,"Why Peter, I would hope that I knew my own best friend."

Peter looked down muttering under his breath about finding the name familiar and that he should have known, he lifted his head up seeing Percy and Mr.Stark looking at him amusedly. Peter's cheeks turned a suspicious red colour that both the adults grinned at.

The three settled and Percy and Tony began talking with Peter chiming at times. After an hour Tony glanced at his watch and saw that it was late, "Peter I think it is about time to go home what do you think?"

"But Mr.Stark!", Peter's protest went unheard as he still had school to go to.

The two bid Percy farewell and Peter got into the car,when Tony motioned him to go forward and that he would come after.

Percy turned to Tony and began speaking with a mischievous tone when he saw that Peter was no longer in sight, "So Spider Man?".

Tony groaned when Percy smirked, the number of people he could annoy with that were countless.

Percy brought out a bag from gods know where and handed it to Tony. Tony tapped his fingers on his pricey watch and then made a gesture of going, Percy grinned and waved.

As soon as Tony entered the car he handed the bag to Peter and gestured for him to open it. Peter opened the bag and cursed seeing his suit, "Oh Fuck!!".

"Language".

Do review the chapter.

Hi!So for the next chapter I was planning to do a Peter found out.Any suggestions for the plot?