CHAPTER •°• six

Start from the beginning

She smiled at him sweetly - he was lucky she was good in that kind of stuff, cause he would probably die from laughter if he saw that someone got him chocolates with Dumbledore's face on the package.

"Oh, is that because of our date today?" Maggie asked him, taking the chocolates and Sirius opened his eyes widely.

A date? He did not agree on any date... or did he?

He looked at Maggie carefully and only then he noticed that she was indeed dressed nicely and she even had her make up on.

"Ugh... yes." He laughed nervously, trying to ignore the fact that he was still in his pajamas. "That's definitely because of our date" He laughed. " I just... au." He bumped into his bed and hit himself in his little toe.

"A master of planning, as always, Black." Maggie mocked him slightly and Sirius gave her his best, smooth smile in return.

"I'll be ready in a sec." He promised and Maggie sighed deeply, leaning on the door and keeping the chocolates close to her chest, so no one would notice that they didn't really look like a romantic gift.

Sirius quickly started to pick up clothes for the date. At first he wanted to just take the pants he had on yesterday and some random shirt byt then he reminded himself that he had to look like he cared.

So he quickly opened his coffer and, after a few seconds of wonder, picked up one of his date outfits. While he was getting ready behind the curtains of his bed, he could hear as Maggie attempted to start a conversation. 

"So, how are you guys doing?" She asked and ar first none answered.

Only after a few moments too long, Remus finally cleared his throat and said.

"Uhm, you know." He sounded like he was smiling awkwardly. "Fine. Just... normal life." He finished and Maggie tried to continue the talk quickly after.

"Well, I've been really busy lately, actually." She admitted and honestly, Sirius never understood how she could talk so freely to people she barely knew. "I am planning a surprise party for my friend's seventeen birthday." She explained.

"Oh." Remus said, his voice even more nervous than a second ago, for some reason. "That's nice." He admitted. "We also throw parties for each other... sometimes... well. Not surprise parties but they're fun, though I'm a prefect and I'm supposed to stop the fun but you know... uhm. Yeah. So we throw parties." Remus finally finished and even Sirius could feel the cringe from what he said.

Maggie, however, seemed rather unbothered by that.

"Cool." She said. "We don't do that that much but I decided that Charlotte would really like that." She added and Sirius rolled his eyes.

Yeah, Charlotte. One of his exs that Maggie was kind of friends with.

Well, he wasn't actually sure whether she was friends with her. Maggie talked to everyone like they were her friends. Or enemies. Cause she always was rude to people but then she was also nice... it was hard to describe.

All that Sirius knew is that she for sure didn't like Virginia and that was all. The rest of her friends were a mystery for him.

Anyway, he finally pulled up his pants and zipped them, quickly getting out from behind the curtains and saving Remus from the small talk.

Moony glanced at him with this oddly hurt gaze again, but Sirius still didn't know what could that be about so he didn't do anything.

He had a thought that perhaps Remus was hurt because he knew the truth and was sad because Sirius kept lying to them...