48~ The conversation

Start from the beginning

"Sewa," Denny began after they've put Pearl to sleep. "You won't believe what I am about to tell you. There is fire on the mountain!" Denny exclaimed, she placed her hands on her chest as she exhaled deeply.

"Sewa I do not even know how to start because the situation also affected me." Sewa couldn't help but wonder what could be bothering Denny so much.

"Is there something I can do to help?" Sewa asked. Denny shook her head. "Babe, Madam Sandra company has fallen!" She deadpanned. Sewa heard a  loud sound in her ear as she heard Denny's statement. "Eh?" She was shocked, she wondered how and what happened.

"What is it? What happened?" Sewa asked.

"Police came to raid last week and thankfully I wasn't around. All the girls were caught and taken to the station and as I speak to you now, they are still there." Denny explained. Sewa felt the urge to laugh yet she was perplexed. "What is the reason behind it?" She asked.

"It has to do with you and you will be shock to hear the full details."

"Me? How? Why?" Sewa wondered. The skin between her brows creased as she wrinkled  her nose. "Please tell me." She spoke inquisitively.

"From what I heard. There was a man who asked to sleep with Jasmine James," Denny made emphasis as she mentioned Sewa's old name. "And she promised him he'd get Jasmine James. But in return she sent Priscilla to act as you and guess what, the man found out she wasn't Jasmine James and went to search for Madam Sandra. He was so pissed that she deceived him after her paid such a huge amount of money. Guess what?"

Sewa couldn't believe her ears, she couldn't believe Madam Sandra still used her name to lie to people to collect income. She just couldn't believe any of it. She was raged by the thought of it and somehow it brought back that painful memory; the memory when Lanre had come to her house to hurl harsh words at her after finding out the truth. Her stomach churned and her chest ached from it all.

"What happened then?" Sewa asked, ushering her to keep on with her story. Just then Lolade had to wake up. Turned out she wasn't sleeping but  eavesdropping on their conversation. "It is God that will destroy that woman, in fact she will rot in prison!" She spat out bitterly. "Are they toying with her life, is she that useless to the core?" Lolade asked, clearing agitated.

"The man didn't call the police men of Port Harcourt for her case, he called from Abuja and orders were given, turned out the man had connections and they came to raid. Now madam Sewa would be charged to court for Sexual abuse, child abuse, human trafficking and so many other things that has to do with her illegal dealings for years."

"God is good! That's a good punishment for her for running the lives of so many young girls by telling them selling their body out is the way!" Lolade deadpanned.

Sewa was speechless, she was lost and confused. Her body was present yet her mind and soul had travelled far. She hugged as knees as she fought back the tears threatening to come out of her eyes. She remembered how Lanre had cut everything of with her and how she fainted to her discovering that she was pregnant. The past three years has neither been the best neither the worse.

Most times she prayed Lanre came back to her, and accepted her. She remembered her sleepless nights and how that first year was depressing for her. Her past would forever be a part of her even if she has changed. Although he past wouldn't define her, it was still her memory and there was nothing she could do about it.

Just as Lanre came out of his room, his brother welcomed him. "Seem you came back really late last night," Tunji said.

"Good morning," Lanre greeted him, walking towards the fridge to get water. After dropping Sewa, he drove off to his friend, Bidemi's place. He had a deep conversation with him and asked a lot of questions. He was bothered and he all his botherings had to do with Sewa.

"Tunji when will you stop visiting without awareness?" Lanre asked, clearly tired of speaking.

"Something has changed about you and I do not know what it is or how but does it have to do with Adunni?" Tunji asked.

Lanre scoffed. "Good changes or bad changes?" Lanre retorted

"Both. I can't tell. Do you not like her or have you fallen for her?" Lanre turned around to look at his brother. "We are both still getting to know each other. We haven't seen each other for the past two weeks now." He walked to the sink to rinse the glass cup.

"That's exactly why I came to see you. She called telling me you've not been answering her calls and you won't see her, what is it? You already promised to marry her so what now? Why are you avoiding her?" Tunji asked.

Lanre felt deeply bad for his actions. Adunni has been a very understanding lady and he liked her as a person. No matter how he tried, he couldn't for for her reason he hated Sewa for ruining his heart. Adunni's Parents and his parents were close friends and they suggested getting the both of them married.

Lanre who had been in a very bad state did not object when his mother told him of her plans because he didn't even feel the need to feel anything. The past three years has been hard on him. He let people make most of his decision because he was badly hurt. He and Adunni met often to get to know each other and most times he would remember Sewa whenever she does some things. He hated that Sewa had his heart still even though it's been long.

"Tunji, think of Sarah instead and your unborn child, let me be." Lanre said to him, walking out of the kitchen.

Tunji finally settled down two years ago. Last year he married and he is expecting a baby soon. "At least I am taking responsibilities. Lanre it's three years now and I know it's not easy for you to move on considering how you almost liked me for that girl but remember, she might be with some man know obviously doing what's she's good at," Tunji spat out.

Lanre clenched his fist as the words Tunji said about Sewa riled him up. He didn't know why he was angry that his brother had slut shamed Sewa. "Tunji, please....don't!" He said through gritted teeth. He didn't want to imagine Sewa with another man as it is because it took months to forget the image of her and the senator son.

"What? I'm not lieing," Tunji defended.

"I do not want to talk about her, please!" He pleaded waking off to take his bath and get ready for work.

"Anyways make sure to call Adunni, she's starting to worry!" Tunji shouted from behind but Lanre said nothing in return.

It's been a long time but expect another update tomorrow by God's grace.

It seems Lanre has another woman in his life 🤔🤔 and Tunji won't forgive Sewa 🤔

Karma has finally caught Madam Sandra. It seems she still used Sewa's name to lie to earn money 😂😂😂😂

What are your thoughts on this chapter?

What does fate have installed for Sewa and Lanre. Vote and comment and recommend to a friend to read.