Long Overdue《Part 22》

Começar do início

Plagg, obviously in a sour mood, ignores me for the rest of the day even after Master Fu leaves. "Oh come on! You still have to tell me at least a few things," I say, making my annoyance as clear as possible.

The black cat kwami just groans and digs around in my bottom cabinet. "Well, I can't say that this is what I had in mind," he says. "But I guess if I have to."

This brings a smile to my face. "Just admit you're happy to help," I joke.

With a "hmph" he turns his focus back to my cabinet, searching for a slice of cheese.

"Alice using her powers is both easier and harder than it sounds," Plagg says after swallowing a bite. "The problem is whether or not she's patient enough to learn how to control it...and how long she can go before someone else finds out."

"Her miraculous lets her manipulate and emit literal darkness, but let's just say those powers can be used for way worse things than that sounds. Like, I don't know..." Plagg hesitates. "...Resurfacing your darkest memories and using them against you--"

"Wait what?! How the heck can she--okay okay this is fine. It's fine," I lie, ignoring the feeling in my gut that this will become a bigger problem later. "As long as she learns to control it, then she'll never have to use her powers for that."

Looks like I have to find her tomorrow then. I don't know how she'll react. The worse case scenario is that she downright refuses. But after her sister found out and she had akumas to deal with, I don't think saying no is an option for her.

T h e N e x t D a y•

"Wait a minute. You're joking right?" Alice says. I had dragged her to the library and now we're talking in hushed voices while pretending to skim over the shelves.

I shake my head and she sighs loudly.

"Sorry about that, but looks like you'll have to deal with it. Lucky for you I'm the one who will help you on this magic journey," Plagg says dramtically. "Akumas are more common during the day, sooo I'll be sneaking off and helping you when I can."

"I guess it's a good idea, since I'm probably going to be grounded the next time I leave my place without permission," Alice says, looking at me.

Been there, done that. But I don't tell her, as I'm sure she already knows.
To my surprise, she's taking this information pretty well. But she seems more irritable then usual.

"So, when do we start?" she asks, focusing her attention back to the current issue.

"We start soon Newbie. If I tell you when it won't be a surprise," Plagg announces. "I'll be teaching you how to use your powers, and Adrien here will be making sure you know you know to control them. Especially with that temper of yours."

"I do not have a--well yeah you have a point I guess," Alice admits. The bell rings just as we end the conversation. "Alright, I'll see you later Adrien."

"Alice, wait." She stops in her tracks when I call her.

"Don't worry, it's still hidden if you're wondering. And Lila doesn't remember the conversation we had, so we're good," she says bluntly.

"Yeah, but you just seem... out of it," I tell her. "Did something else happen with Lila?"

She grips the strap of her backpack, making it clear that she doesn't want to have this conversation. "Yeah, you're right," she admits. "Something did happen actually, but I just don't want to tell you right now." Then she turns on her heels and out the door.

That tells me all I need to know, and it leaves me wondering what Lila did to piss her off this time.

Alice, after school

"Alright Newbie, you ready to get to work?"

"Wait now?" I say to Plagg. "Are you sure?"

"Well the sooner you start the better," Adrien says as his kwami flies into my palm. "Just be careful, you still don't know exactly how dangerous this can be."

"I'll be fine. I have Plagg with me right?" I push the negative thoughts to the back of my mind, and try my hardest to lock them there.

After Plagg promises to be back later, Adrien and I wave each other good bye. This leaves me to start the daily assignment of dragging my feet home, but the overwhelming nervousness is enought to drown out my usual annoyance. I'm finally getting to do what I've been hoping to do for weeks. So why am I nervous? Because I know what my sister would do if she got enough power?

Or maybe what I would do if I got enough power?

I stop in my tracks as soon as the thought comes to mind. I want to slap myself for even thinking about that. Because I know exactly what I would do.

Make sure Hawkmoth and Lila get the karma they deserve.

***

"Alright, were here. Start talking," I demand as soon as Plagg flies out of my backpack and into my room.

"Geez you're so uptight. All you miraculous holders need to take a day off or something," Plagg groans. "Well, let's start off easy Newbie. And that first lesson is making your little magical darkness appear. So, get rid of the light in this room."

"Huh? I can literally just turn off the light, I don't need powers to do that."

"Aw, but that's boring," Plagg says. "Besides, how do expect to learn the cool stuff and if you can't even do the easy stuff?" 

I sigh, admitting that the kwami has a point. "Alright, so what should I do? Most of the time my powers just come randomly. I can barely control what happens."

"It's just a natural thing. The only reason it's weird now is because you've never done it before," Plagg says as he flies in circles. "You need to relax and listen to yourself. You're the one who can control where it flows. So, let it flow to those tiny hands of yours."

I want to ask if that would really work, but deep down I know hesitating won't get me anywhere right now. Ignoring his comment about my hands, I take a slow, deep breath to calm myself down, and focus on what I'm trying to do.

Without warning I feel a tingle course over my spine, causing my body to stiffen. As soon as I relax I look down and the black mist is in my hands again.

Back at this again huh? "What's next?" I ask to no one in particular. 

Let go.

The voice in my head. The one that I heard at the fountain.

What are you talking about...

Let go. Not that hard right?

I close my hands tightly, and as I release my fingers the black mist spreads around my room in a wave-like pattern. As soon as it disappears, the lights go out and the temperature quickly drops.

"W-wow. Not bad f-for your first time," Plagg says.

"I guess," I stammer. "B-but why is it so cold?!"

"Oh Alice. The answer is so simple. When you take away the warm ray of sunshine, you're left with a bundle cold darkness," Plagg says, trying to ignore the fact that my room is freezing.

"Ugh! The power went out!" Lila complains from her room.

"How the heck did it get this cold in here?" my mom calls from downstairs.

Well...this is still progress right?

"I have way more to learn than I thought," I groan, but I shake away the thought. I'm learning that's a good thing. It won't take a day for me to learn everything. 

"Okay, now can you please teach me how to reverse what I just did? Because I dont want to spend the whole lesson complaining about the cold---"