Chapter 3 ♛

(The Dress) 

Daisy grabbed one of the dresses, "This one is quite ravishing."

"I heard Mary Edgecome wore a similar shade last season," Daphne replied 

"Really?" daisy questioned, "did she not spend last year living in a cottage, hundreds of miles away from her Earl?" 

Mama's mouth gaped open a bit, "Daisy how did you know that?!"  

"Lady Whistledown," Daisy replied holding a piece of paper in her hand

"Lady Whistledown?"

"Its a Scandal sheet mama," Eloise chimed in, "this one lists full subjects by name. In full."

"Let me see!" Daphne grabbed the sheet from daisy's grasp

"Wait, Wait"

Daphne ignored daisy scanning her eyes down the sheet, "The Author. Do we know a Lady Whistledown?" 

"Give me it back," Daisy snatched the sheet from Daphne's hands

"Hey I was reading that!"

"What does it say dearest?" Mama asked

"Well for one she loathes that you have names us alphabetically," Daisy relied with her eyes still glued to the sheet.

"Your father and I found it orderly."

"well she finds it 'Banality' and...Oh my, Daph come look!"

Daphne stepped closer to Daisy, "She has names us as the seasons Incomparable!" Daphne exclaimed, "Diamond of first water."

"How lovely is that." mama replied

Daisy furrowed her brow a bit now she would be the center of attention but maybe perhaps she could use this to her advantage...

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

(The Dress Daisy wears is above)

"My daughters look absolutely beautiful tonight," as Mrs Bridgerton cupped both of their cheeks with a warm golden look in her eyes.

"Daphne do you wish to enter with me," Daisy held out her arm for her sister

"why of course sister," Daphne looped her arm around daisy's as they glided into the Banquet hall, as mama and Anthony followed close behind.

"why is everyone looking at us," Daphne whispered giving polite smiles here and there.

"Maybe considering the fact that we have been labeled as the "Diamonds" of the season," Daisy whispered back.

"Perhaps bu-"

"Lady Bridgerton"

Daphne raising an eyebrow, "yes," she replied quite intrigued

"May I have the honor to have this dance with you?" as the man held out his arm

"Yes, you may," as they made their way to dance Daphne turned around and mouthed, 'sorry'

'Good luck!' daisy mouthed back 

Daisy is genuinely happy for her sister because the more perfect she was more daisy would fall into the shadows...

⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆⋆

"hmm this seems like a good spot," Daisy said dusting off a bench in the corner as she sat down and read her book.

(5 minutes later)

"Aghh," a man plopped right next to her

Daisy looked him up and down, "who is this man?" she thought to herself

"Sorry miss I just needed to get away."

"That's quite alright but may I ask whom you trying to get away from?" 

"Just...people."

"Ahhh I understand...I as well needed time away from people, But may I as for your name sir," Daisy questioned closing her book.

"Simon."

'Simon' where have I heard his name from before? 

"Well it is very nice to meet you Simon but it seems my family is headed out the door," giving him a polite smile as Daisy got up from her seat.

"Oh well it was nice to meet you miss?"

"Daisy," she replied, "Daisy Bridgerton."