thirteen

Me, along with my five other friends, stand in front of the luxurious store. At the front, a couple of mannequins are wearing fancy, bright and long dresses. Every one of us is smiling, imagining that we will find ourselves the perfect dresses for the Yule Ball next week. A few of us have already been asked out. Luna is going with Neville, Pansy is going with Blaise, and Rebecca is going with Fred Weasley. Me, Ginny and Hermione were the ones who didn't have any dates yet. Al though two boys have asked me, but I turned them both down since they weren't really what I was looking for.

We go inside the boutique, and begin trying the dresses out. The mission makes us excited and jittery. I am usually not a person who prefers to wear any kinds of dresses. But when it's for the Yule Ball, that's completely different.

-

Me, Hermione and Pansy are sitting at one of the tables in the great hall. We are talking about the ball while trying to plan the next party. Gryffindor was in charge of the next party and Hermione took the lead as usual.

"Should we have it before the ball? Or after?" Hermione asks us. I shrug my shoulders, but Pansy speaks up. "Maybe like a day before? That way we can excite ourselves about it?"

As they continue to talk about the party, I wonder my eyes over the hall. There's quite a few people sitting at every table. My eyes land on Harry, who's sitting with Ron, Fred and George just a few steps away from us.

He's smiling and laughing, and it unexpectedly makes me smile as well.

"Well, Sam, what do you think?" Hermione interrupts my thoughts and I turn my attention towards her. "Before or after?"

"Uhm..." I think for a few seconds. "The same day, maybe?"

"What are you on about?"

I fibble carefully with my wand in my hands while explaining my idea for them. "Think about it. The teachers won't allow the ball to go on forever, now do they? So, when the ball is over, people can join the party and continue the feast."

"Brilliant!" I jump at the Harry's unexpected voice behind my back. I turn around and there he is, along with Ron.

"Yeah, that's actually a really good idea Sam." Hermione follows up with.

"Bet." I smirk and continue, "Can't wait to return to my alcoholic self." Right after I let that comment out I freeze a bit, knowing that Harry is aware of my love for drinking. Luckily, when I look at him he doesn't seem bothered. He didn't notice the comment.

-

My phone vibrates just I'm about to put it down in order to sleep.

HARRY POTTER

SCARBOY ⚡️
Hey

ME
What's up Potter

SCARBOY ⚡️
The ball is next week

ME
It is

SCARBOY ⚡️
Exciting huh?

ME
For sure

SCARBOY ⚡️
Gotten the question yet?

ME
Yeah from a few lmao
message delivered

I know I'm being tough. But I don't think I'll ever decide to tell him who I am. It has gotten to the point where it would be wrong, and weird. The best thing would probably be to call everything off. To stop texting with him, completely. In case he would figure out my identity, the tention would be awkward, we both would be awkward, and if nothing were to happen between us the friendship would be ruined. It is better to make him catch feelings for me in real life.