6. Halloween

!!TW: Body image/ Weight issues, Sexual Assault, Drinking!!

This is another long one oops but because it's a pArTy chapter I made some playlists to go with the story<3

Party Playlist - https://open.spotify.com/playlist/1tePgOafSDDRCuqazdcAxd?si=zrWEaYIFTei6Brk7EDZP1w

After the Party - https://open.spotify.com/playlist/7pzn426EfhMJywW2ApOp41?si=-CPb10DwQgG8cAN3Xi6y_A

******

Draco was sitting on the edge of his bed with his knee bouncing up and down and fiddling with his ring. He was thinking over what he was going to tell his parents, what he was going to tell You-Know-Who.

He still hadn't fixed the cabinet and it hadn't been responding to any of the spells he was using on it, if he didn't do something soon he was sure there would be a penalty.

Draco didn't mind so much the idea of him being the one reprimanded but the thought of his mother being punished for his uselessness made his stomach churn.

That was the thing with You-Know-Who, he used family to get to people. Unconditional love means that human beings would do anything for family, but You-Know-Who takes that love and he bends and breaks it until it's something distorted and ugly.

Either way it was the last day before the break and Draco had to come up with something to report. He was planning on going to the Room of Requirement later during the ball, because everyone would be occupied in the Great Hall. And in case he couldn't manage to fix it tonight he had found a necklace, he had the idea of hexing it and giving it to Dumbledore then he wouldn't have to fix the cabinet at all. He had slipped the necklace into his trunk so he could show it to the death eaters.

Draco's train of thought was interrupted by Nott barging into the dorm in a ridiculous outfit; he was some kind of knife wielding murderer.

"What are you still doing up here, the ball starts soon - get changed!"

"No, Nott. I'm busy." Draco brushed past him to walk to the bathroom.

"Oh come on Malfoy. You've been a boring git all term, we've hardly seen you. Come on just this once".

Draco had really isolated himself this term, not on purpose. His friends knew about his task so tried to stay out of his way as much as possible - to let him fulfil it. But he missed them and spending days alone in the Room of Requirement was starting to drive him up the walls. He always had the necklace anyway. Draco took a deep sigh in and turned to Theo.

"Yeah go on then" he responded with a half smirk.

"Brilliant mate, look I've got something you can wear".

*****

"Ok so we picked out a few things in Hogsmeade"

Hermione held a shopping bag up in the air and poured the contents onto her bed.

"Yeah but me and 'Mione both think you should wear this one" Ginny walked over and picked up a piece of clothing from the pile.

"I am not wearing that!"

"Oh come on Violet you'll look amazing" Ginny pleaded.

"Where's the rest of it?"

"Just try it on" Ginny forced it into Violet's hand and ushered her into the bathroom, "Don't come out until it's on".

Hermione and Ginny were already in their costumes. Hermione was a bat; she was wearing a sleeveless black mini dress with a lacy cape, pointy black ears and black ballet pumps. She'd twisted her hair into a low bun with two loose pieces in the front and was wearing black eyeshadow and lipstick. Ginny was little red riding hood; she had a white puff-sleeve top with a black corset and a red and white gingham skirt, a red hooded cape, white tights and red kitten heels. Her hair was straight as it normally was and she had put on some red lipstick.