Dress shopping

Allison's POV later on

Okay, so. I'm going shopping for a dress with Layla. Since mom had to go save the world. Well, I guess it couldn't be worse, right? Yeah, I guess. I mean the mall wasn't that far and Layla's mom was nice enough to drive us there. So win-win. But as I was digging through the dresses on the rack, I looked back at Layla. Who seemed out of it, and when I mean out of it. She's sad. But she doesn't like to show it. I sighed and turned towards my best friend. "I know that look, it's the same look you had when I put your favorite frog in the microwave. Even though I never pressed start. I still know that look, is Will being an asshole?", I said as I raised an eyebrow at her. Her eyes widened at being caught in her act. She tried to stutter her way out of it. But I knew better. I put both of my hands on my hips and gave her the look. She sighed. "I can never win with you, okay, maybe he has been, just a little bit. Ever since he's gotten in the popular crowd, he thinks he's too good for us or something. He either can't talk or he's too busy with the cool kids. I miss when it was just us three. I guess it could be worse you know, at least I still have you", she said. I frowned when I noticed the tears in her eyes. I sighed and wrapped my arms around her.

I held her tightly. I rubbed her back. "You'll always have me, just as long as you don't steal my boyfriend, okay?", I said laughing. She knew I was joking. She giggled. "But yeah, you'll always have me, you've been stuck with me since the day we've met and I'm not going to let anyone try and break our friendship, remember it's sisters before misters", I said as I pulled the hair out of her face. She giggled and smiled. I smiled goofily at her. "There's my best friend. Smiling and all. Let's get you a dress that will pull the socks off will and show him what he's missing, aye?", I said with a encouraging smile on my face. She smiled and nodded. "So, let's see. Green right, yeah green. It's your color", I said. It always has been. Like with me, my color is blue and her color is green.

We both looked for a dress she might like. It took awhile to really find her dress. But the minute she did, it took her a real minute to see if she liked it. But when I saw it, I knew it was her. I had a feeling it was her.

It was a beautiful neon green and I knew it would be beautiful on her

It was a beautiful neon green and I knew it would be beautiful on her. "It's going to look beautiful on you laylay", I told her as we both looked at it. She turned her head to Look at me. "You really think so?", she asked me. I smiled at her. "Would I ever lie to you? It's you Layla, that is definitely your dress right there, and we both know it", I said giving her a encouraging smile. She smiled back at me. "Thanks Allie, now it's your turn to look for a dress", she said. I nodded. "I just hope they have what I like, you know how picky I am", I said giggling. She giggled because she knew I was right. I was a picky person.

So I went through the racks, blue here, blue there. Nope. Blue here, blue there. Nada. Ugh! I hate shopping. I was growing stubborn and irritated. I was this close to saying screw it and I'm not going. But soon enough. Layla found my dress. "Allie", she said my name to catch my attention. I turned around and saw her holding up a beautiful dress that screamed 'WEAR ME!' All over it. I nearly cried because of how beautiful it was.

It really did scream me

It really did scream me. And I wanted it now. I wanted it so badly. I walked towards her and grasped it softly in my hands. "It's beautiful", I whispered. I looked up at her, to see her smiling at me. "I knew you would like it, it literally screams you, your going to look so beautiful in it Allie", she said. I gave her a big smile and a big hug. Because damn it, she's my best friend and only my best friend knew me this well. "You know me so well, I love you!", I squealed. She giggled and hugged me back as the best she could. "Love you too All's, but pretty sure if we keep on hugging, we're going to wrinkle the dress", she said. I pulled back. "Sorry, sorry. Come on. We have dresses to buy!", I said happily. We made our way to the front of the store and to the cashier. I gave the lady a nice smile. "Hi, I would like to buy me and my friend here these two dresses", I said. I dismissed Layla's protesting. I just gave her the hand. Telling her that I wasn't listening. "Of course. That would be 211.12", the lady said. And I just pulled out my wallet and pulled out two hundreds and two twenty's. I gave it to the lady. "Keep the Change", I said with a smile. The lady smiled at me. "Thank you, have a nice day!", she said happily. I guess I just made her day. I smiled at her nicely. "Thank you, you too", I said as I grabbed both dresses that were in special bags.

We soon exited the store. "You know, you didn't have to do that", Layla said as she caught up to me. I waved her off. "Eh, it was nothing, unlike Will, who likes to spend his birthday and Christmas money. I like to keep mine and hold on to it", I said shrugging. She huffed. "Thank you anyways. It was really nice of you", she said side hugging me. I smiled goofily. "Your welcome, now let's go get those matching shoes we need for these shoes. Onwards!", I said pretty loudly at the end. She giggled loudly and looped her arm with mine. We both giggled and made our way to the shoe store. I guess shopping isn't so bad, especially when you have your best friend with you.