Ch 1 - Welcome to Karasuno

(Note some of this will be made up and not canon)

It was Noya and (Y/N)'s first day at their née school, Karasuno. The day felt like it went by quickly and (Y/N) felt someone pulling on his arm. It was Nishinoya.

"Where are we going Noya?"

"To the volleyball club to join!"

Noya dragged you to the Karasuno volleyball club and you both spoke with the team captain. He let you join after seeing what the both of you could do. Nishinoya was an amazing Libero and you were an amazing Setter. After officially joining the Karasuno Volleyball Team Nishinoya couldn't stop talking about developing a special move unique to only him.

Months had passed and Nishinoya finally came up with his own unique move. He told you all about it and wanted suggestions for a name.

"Hmm... maybe something to do with rolling?"

"Yeah! That's a good idea (Y/N). But we can't just call it 'rolling' we need something else too"

"Well Noya, you're fast so maybe Rolling Speed?"

"Rolling Speed..." He pondered in the name for a moment. "Nah... something more special"

"Oh I got it (Y/N)! What about ROLLING THUNDER?"

"That sounds amazing Noya! I love it!"

"Than Rolling Thunder it is! Thank you (Y/N)"

After the school day you went to club room for practice, you had asked a particularly good second year setter, Sugawara Koushi, to help you with your sets. He agreed and the two of you also agreed to practice after school tomorrow. Once practice ended you went home and sat at the door for a minute getting ready to take and physical or verbal abuse headed your way. You slowly opened the door to see your drunk father and mother passed out on the floor. Both looked like they had just had a physical confrontation and you wanted no part in it. (Y/N) headed to his room and fell asleep after doing some dreaded homework. The next day came and with it so did the practice with Sugawara.

"Hey (Y/N)! Wanna come over today?"

"Oh, I'm sorry Noya, I've got practice with Sugawara today. But I'll see if I can come over tomorrow"

"Okay, good luck with your setter practice!"

After saying bye to Nishinoya you stayed back and waited for everyone to leave. After everyone left you and Suga began to practice.

"You're a little unsteady (Y/N) but that's okay, I'll teach you to be more sturdy"

"Thank you Sugawara"

"You know you can call me Suga, it's simpler"

"Oh, I wasn't sure if it'd be weird since we're not too close"

"No it's not weird at all! Alright now set a ball to me"

You did as the older male said and you did pretty decent but still need work. You set a few more to the older male before it got really late. Suga spoke up as it was getting a bit too late.

"You're aim is a little off but that's okay, we can practice some more later it's quite late"

"Okay Suga, and thank you for the help"

"No problem, I'm always happy to help"

You and Suga both walked out of the school and headed home. You lived near the same area so it was convenient.

"This is where our paths break. Anyway it's dark would you like me to walk you home (Y/N)?

"Oh no it's okay I wouldn't wanna be a burden to you"

"A burden? Not at all" Suga gave a small chuckle, "But if you say so, see ya (Y/N)"

You waved bye to Suga and continued the rest of the way home dreading getting there. You knew you broke the 'be home before dark or an hour after dark' rule again and were afraid of the consequences you'd face. You arrived and slowly opened the door seeing a tall female figure standing in front of the door waiting for you.