Ambush

(Deathbringer's POV)

My life has never been so confusing...

Flashback 

"Glory?" I yelled trying to see if she was still there

No response 

"Deathbringer stop trying she's gone." Riptide sighed 

I had been trying a long time to got Glory back, but the people who kidnapped her knew their stuff.

Suddenly a glow caught my eye and I saw a black snake earring just sitting there, glowing.

Of course I picked it up and put it on and Riptide gasped.

"What?" I ask him starting to get worried 

"Your eyes, they turned blacker." Riptide said shaking his head 

I didn't believe him until he gave me a mirror and turns out my eyes did get blacker, but that wasn't all when I stared at the mirror longer black lines shot out and cracked it.

I jumped a pack afraid at what I'd just done but then I realized it.

The old NightWing legend about how there was a earring that gave darkness power to whom who wore it.

I never believed that legend.

Until now.

I gasped I had NightWing powers now!

After a while after knowing how to use my powers, I noticed that Riptide had found one of his own.

I wasn't to control the waves it was to control the seas.

We grinned at each other knowing what we were thinking 

Ambush

End of Flashback 

And now, we were heading to the secret headquarters f the people who kidnapped Glory, but when we got there, a guy was standing next to Glory chatting like they'd known each other for a long time.

Instead of getting angry, I got curious and walked up to them as soon as the boy saw me he scowled.

But when Glory saw me she beamed and hugged me.

Turns out that guy was her brother Canopy the one who "died".

I looked at Glory and said:

"I told you so."