43. Meeting His Mom

Start from the beginning

"Ah thank you Tobio. They're beautiful. It's wonderful to meet you again as well." She responded as she gently took the flowers from the boy.

"Take a seat boys, I made snacks so we could talk for a few minutes before you left for your trip. I'm going to put these flowers in a vase real quick."

Ichika made her way back into the kitchen were she proceeded to cut the bottom of the stems on the flowers and found a vase to put them in. It was kind of ironic that Tobio had brought her flowers since her name meant 'one thousand flowers'. She smiled at her thoughts and quickly filled the vase with cool water and added some flower nutrients so they'd stay healthy.

Ichika quietly came back as she watched the boys who had yet to notice her standing at the doorway.

She watched as Hinata smiled fondly at the awkward male but soon after saying something, broke that awkward expression and got Tobio to chuckle softly. Her heart melting at the cute sight.

She cleared her throat to announce her presence and they both looked back up at her.

"These are absolutely beautiful Tobio. I love them." Ichika said, placing the vase of flowers on the table were the snacks were placed.

Once sitting down, she looked at Tobio and grinned, "So, Tobio, what are your intentions with my son?"

She watched as Hinata groaned and threw his head back in embarrassment meanwhile Tobio's face turned a bright red color.

'This is so much fun!'

___________________________________

Hinata:

'I knew she had to make this embarrassing.' He said to himself as he watched his mother beam at him.

He rolled his eyes and looked over at Kageyama who was cherry red even at his ears.

"W-well umm... I'm here today b-because the last time we met I felt like I had been incredibly rude at introducing myself and then literally running out the door. I felt so bad afterwards because you've been nothing but so friendly. S-sooo, I came today to properly introduce m-myself and to ask if y-you would allow me to take S-Shōyō on a date while we're in Tokyo this weekend." Kageyama let out a sigh of relief as he finished his speech and sat there fidgeting trying to keep his eye contact with Hinata's mom.

His mom sat there quietly as he studied Kageyama. Her silence making the whole room tense.

What was a couple minutes felt like hours and even Hinata began to fidget in his seat.

His mom smirked, making Shōyō even more nervous.

"Tobio, thank you for coming and asking me properly. I don't think I've met a young man whom wants to ask parents' permission to take their child on a date. It's very proper of you and I commend you for it. However my answer is no."

'What...?'

___________________________________

Kageyama

"...my answer is no."

Kageyama flinched at her answer. As if the words themselves slapped him in the face.

'Does she not like me because of last time? Fuck I'm such an idiot.'

He was so confused and looking over at Hinata's expression, he too looked equally as confused.

Then out of nowhere, Ms. Hinata began to laugh, letting her head fall back in complete amusement. To which left the two boys even more baffled.

"Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry. I just had to see your guys' reaction to me saying no. I'm completely joking Tobio. Of course you can take Shōyō on a date. Nothing would make me happier than seeing my son be happy." She giggled.