Butterflies

tw: smut

"This weekend. Aaron H.'s house. 10 o'clock. Be there!" JJ ran past me, yelling party details.

"Got it. Pick you up?" I yelled back from across the hall.

JJ slowed her pace and turned to face me, "Perfect! Love y- Bye..."

I looked down and smiled. Hearing her say 'I love you' always gave me butterflies. I tend to push people away whether I mean to or not. Keeping my feelings to myself and being a terrible cynic doesn't usually lead to finding true love. Falling in love had always been so scary to me, but when I found JJ, everything changed. My weekends spent smoking alone in my bedroom turned into hanging out with JJ... and then smoking alone in my bedroom. My will to live increased dramatically.

"Hey Emily, you coming to my party this weekend?" Aaron H. came up behind me, placing his hand on my waist.

I moved his hand away, "Fuck ya. I wouldn't miss it."

"Right on. Can't wait to see you there..."

He looked me up and down and walked away. Gross. I just turned around and walked off in the opposite direction. Aaron was Will's replacement except he was a lot nicer and had a slightly better haircut. Still douchy as fuck and I didn't want anything to do with him.

He threw the best parties though. His house was huge and one time he had one of those ice sculptures, you know that ones where you pour the liquor down the thing- nevermind look it up. They were super fun. That's the point. And people got Fucked. Up.

There was less than a month left of school and it was a great way to end the year. Time flys when you find someone as cool and fun and beautiful as Jennifer Jareau.

----------

As always, I took my time choosing my outfit. Ya, no. I threw on some boot cut jeans and a tank top I found on the corner of my bed. I'm pretty sure it was JJ's because it had this light blue swirly design, which I would never choose for myself, but it was low cut and looked nice so I went with it. I had a few hours before I had to pick up JJ so I decided to curl my hair a little. I passed the rest of the time by video-calling her while she tried to pick out her own outfit. She cycled through top after top until she ended up on a purple number, pairing it with a black mini skirt.

"You look... amazing..." I said, not even trying to cover up how mesmerized I was by her.

"Really? Are you sure you don't like the white one better?"

JJ took parties very seriously. She needed to look hot, feel good, and be half-drunk before even arriving.

"No, I like this one... but maybe you should try on the other one... you know, just to make sure," JJ raised her eyebrow, "... just for me?"

"Ugh but then I have to switch my bra again," she said, looking down at the white top in her hands.

"Mhm..." I leaned back in my bed and flirtatiously smiled.

"Emily Prentiss, you are so dirty..." JJ joked as she lifted her shirt over her head.

The call ended a little will later after we confirmed that the purple shirt was in fact the better option. I put on my shoes and grabbed my keys on my way out.

Pulling up to JJ's house, I honked my horn. A few moments later, she popped out of the front door and jumped in my car.

"Go go go! My mom is right behind me!"