𝟙𝟝.

Gojo was holding my hand as we walked to a sunbathed meadow through a little forest behind the castle.

"You don't have to do it." Gojo whispered to me as we could now see Sukuna standing in the middle of the meadow.

"I do. I can't stay here anymore." I said. I reached my limit, and I felt like I was losing myself. I need to get back where I belonged, and it was not here.

"If he does anything, call me." he said as he let go of my hand. This was as far as he was allowed to go. I didn't want him to leave.

I nodded, and looked at him one last time before I started to walk toward the King.

My palms were sweating, breathing got harder and harder. He was standing still, his haori swaying in the wind elegantly.

I stopped myself a few meters away from him, never looking at him in the eyes. The ghots of the painful memories he gifted me hovered over my mind, taking my whole soul into hostage, freezing my body.

Seeing that I wasn't moving closer, he closed the gap between us until I was in a reaching distance.

"Look at me." he said, his tone bitter.

I stayed silent, clenching my fists. Somehow, I was pained to be unable to look at him the way I used to.

"Thanks to you, I can't even look at you anymore."

I bit my lower lip, trying hard not to cry again. I was tired of crying for people who didn't deserve my tears.

"Every time I do, I see your face. I see you enjoy hurting me."

"It's who I am." he said in a flat tone.

"Liar." I spat out.

"Why do you think your family abducted mine so long ago ? I was already evil before I came to be a curse. They already wanted me dead."

I shook my head left and right, refusing to hear what he had to say.
He took a step toward me.

"I was never good. Truth is, I like inflicting pain. Oh the sweet sight of someone's face warped by the torment and agony I inflict so easily, makes me shiver. I'm selfish and I take what I want how I want, because I can. I like seeing pain distort your face and your screams fill the air I breath."

I stifled a cry.

"Why ? Why are you like this ?" My voice was strained and it hurt just to speak.

He shrugged and I dared to look at his face, slowly lifting my face.

Silent tears ran down his face, looking at me.

"I don't remember why." he breathed.

My eyes widened. The King of Curses was crying before me, ever so vulnerable.

He sighed. "I like your face when you're in pain. But I like it when I pleasure you more. Maybe even more when I just brush your cheek and see your eyes longing for me."

I broke down into sobs, falling on my knees, utterly crushed by the weight of the reality that bound us. He squatted down to my level and patted my head gently. I clenched at his kimono and sobbed into his chest. I cried so much and so loudly, I had so much to get off my chest it hurt. He held me in his arms, patiently waiting for me to calm down. 

The fact that he cared for me in a twisted way was hurting like a bitch. There was this part of him that he couldn't let go of, and I wasn't ready to handle it. I couldn't be by his side, knowing he'd hurt me to pleasure himself, even if he actually... felt for me.