Hermione observed that interaction and she asked shyly, "Do you realize now that you fancy him?" 

You looked at her in shock and you felt your face heat up as soon as she told you that. You looked at the ground as your instincts told you to do so. You blushed and covered your eyes with your hands to try and hide yourself. "Merlin, I hate feeling like this. Why do I feel like this? Why is my face heating up?" You asked while talking onto your hands.

Hermione smiled and she put her hand on your back. "It's okay, y/n, I'm pretty sure he feels the same," she assured, smiling to herself. 

You raised your face from your hands and breathed deeply. You looked across the landscape and landed your eyes on Harry. He waved at you and you waved cautiously with a little smile as you saw his face brighten. You saw how Hermione giggled and you looked at her. "I doubt he does, we're just friends," you told her. 

"Oh, come on," Hermione said desperately, "It's so obvious, y/n. The way he looks at you and the way you look at him. Anyone can see it."

You blushed. Tried to think of something that will change the topic to her, you thought of a brilliant idea. It's her turn to blush and be embarrassed. "You speak from experience, Mione. Don't pretend that you don't feel anything for Ron," you said, smiling as her face turned bright pink. 

"I don't know what you're talking about," Hermione said, blushing from head to toe, moving her eyes. 

"Are you seriously going to play that card on me now?" You asked, trying to look into her eyes. 

Hermione tried to look away but you didn't let her. You grabbed her hands and she looked into your eyes. "Mione, we are best friends. I knew probably since third year that you liked him, or he liked you. It was so obvious and you can't deny that you feel something for our ginger friend," you said, smiling at how embarrassed she got. 

Hermione let out a content sigh and said defeatedly, "I think we both fell for our friends, didn't we?" You smiled at what she said and turned to follow her gaze. Harry and Ron were talking and talking, and you focused on Harry. The way he sometimes moves his head slightly when he talks and how he grins, it makes you feel so many things all at once that you don't know how to express them. 

But, a realization hit as you thought about it profoundly. Harry escaped Hogwarts with you, Hermione and Ron, for fear of being caught by You-Know-Who. That's just it, You-Know-Who. Nothing is going to be okay or safe with the "Dark Lord" still being alive. You didn't want to risk being with Harry, just for it to be something that neither one could enjoy to the fullest. You wanted to be with him; having cute little moments with him, having butterbeer with him and wiping the foam off his lips, having double dates with Hermione and Ron, laughing with him and being able to look into those gorgeous blue eyes that he has. You wanted to do everything with him without having the constant fear of being dead. You just want to be with him. 

"Y/n! Hermione! We're done! So, stay back!" Ron yelled, right next to Harry's face. You could already hear Harry's reply to his yelling and you laughed a little. You raised your hand and gave a thumbs up to them. They saw it and you got closer to Hermione, and said, "I hope they don't screw this up." Hermione nodded in agreement and you both chuckled. The two of you started to run farther away, giving them a good amount of space.

You two watched from a distance after the run. You held Hermione's arm in fear and she clung to you as well. You saw Harry run away from Ron while Ron got ready with his sword. Harry ran towards the forest and you heard a distant yell coming from Harry's strained voice. Harry threw the locket near Ron, letting it open as it struck the ground with a powerful thud. A gray smoke slithered into the sky from the open locket, and you struggled to see what was inside the smoke. Two figures emerged from the smoke; one with brown bushy hair and another one with glasses.