Christmas Comes to Hogwarts

"Christmas with your family?" Harry winced as the brush Draco was used snagged on a tangle in his hair, yanking the brunet's head back, "Ow!"

"Sorry!" Draco continued on brushing, though thankfully at a slower and gentler pace. "I thought it would be nice, mother has been asking about you more than me in her letters, and I think she would love to meet you. Father has even asked about you a couple of times."

Harry closed his eyes and enjoyed the feeling of the hair brush as it passed through his hair. Draco had taken to brushing Harry's hair in the morning and at night. At first Harry had refused, Draco's routine was long enough, but Draco insisted and even Blaise had made the comment that Harry's hair could use a few good brushings, so Harry had relented and here they were. If Harry were honest, he saw no difference in his hair, but Draco and all of their other friends claimed they could, so Harry continued to let him brush through the unruly mess, secretly enjoying it.

"I don't know, Draco, I don't want to be a burden or a bother to your family. Surly you have traditions that I wouldn't understand. Besides, I haven't any presents for your parents, I can't just show up empty handed!"

"Oh, shut up. You're just making excuses now. Come on, it'll be fun!" Harry turned to look at Draco unsure. Draco was beaming at him, eyes bright and smile hopeful. Sighing and letting his head drop forward, Harry squeezed his eyes closed before looking back up at Draco, smiling.

"Alright-"

"Yes! Potter's coming to Christmas!" Draco jumped up from the bed, darting to Blaise's bed and throwing himself through the curtains. Blaise let out a startled sound, obviously having been asleep. "Potter's coming to Christmas! Potter's coming to Christmas!" Draco jumped up and down on Blaise's bed, Blaise groaning and pulling a pillow over his head as his body was bounced up and down off the mattress. Harry laughed along with Theo and Draco, his chest growing warm with excitement as he watch Draco continue his chant, jumping on the bed as Blaise continued to ty to sleep.

He was going to spend Christmas with a real family.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You cannot go to another student's house for the holidays without expressed permission from a parent or guardian, it's the rules Mister Potter." Professor McGonagall peered sadly over her glasses at Harry, whose heart dropped down deep into his lower belly.

"That's bollocks!" McGonagall looked sharply at Draco for his words and he quickly hung his head low, pretending to be ashamed. Shaking her head, she turned back to Harry.

"I'm sorry, Mister Potter, but those are the rules. You will have to get signed permission in order to go home with Mister Malfoy. If you don't, you will either have to return home or remain here for the holiday."

"I understand, thank you, professor." Both boys turned to leave, heads hung low and hearts hanging lower. Harry and Draco did not speak until they were almost to the Common Room, both letting the heaviness of the situation saturate the air between them. Once they were had reached the dungeons, Draco gave a frustrated kick at the ground.

"It's just not fair! Surely they know how terrible your family is, surely there should be an exception!" Harry looked at Draco without saying anything, watching his usually pale face redden with anger as he continued.

"I mean, honestly! Don't they have something somewhere that says 'In the case of a student's family being complete twats, said student may go home with a friend.'?" Draco crossed his arms angrily, face scrunched in anger.

"It's fine, I'll just stay here over the break," Harry pushed on, ignoring Draco's appalled look, "It will give me the chance to explore the castle some more and get caught up with studying, Snape is a really tough Defense teacher, I should probably study some before classes start back up." Harry stopped outside of the Common Room, turning to face Draco.