I looked around the café and saw that no one was paying attention to me. After realising that Hawks will back down once I start teasing him back, I started to do it more often. And every time, his cheeks will heat up and he will lose the confident persona that he portrayed. I looked around the café, making sure the other customer and waiter weren't paying attention, then I looked up at Hawks. He must have realised that I was looking at him since he turned his head and gave me a smile. Without giving it another thought, I leaned forward, tilting my head up, and gently placed a kiss on his cheek.

In an instant, Hawks' grip on my waist loosened and his cheeks started to turn red in colour. He wanted to say something, but the waiter came back with my drink and pastry, and asked Hawks if he wanted anything. He didn't reply to him, so I ordered a glass of water for him. A minute later, the waiter returned with the water and Hawks kept looking at me in disbelief.

"So," I took a bite of the pastry and covered my mouth with my hand, "what are we doing today?"

"Huh?"

I stirred the straw around the cup. "Yeah. Your text said to meet you here because you had to do something."

Hawks' usual cheeky smile reIt seemed like Hawks returned back to normal and I looked at the wall clock, noting that it took him about seven minutes to go back to his usual self. That was a lot shorter than I expected. Damn it.

"We have a modelling shoot today," he said it in a nonchalant way as he got up, taking my hand and pulling me up with him.

"We?!" I quickly grabbed my bag and the half eaten pastry before he could pull me out of the café. "Wait! I haven't paid yet!"

"I got you covered, baby bird," was all Hawks said as we left the café, starting to walk down the street.

I looked back and saw one of his feathers placing money on the table before making eye contact with the waiter. He just looked at me with a shocked expression, and I desperately tried to inaudibly apologise for Hawks and me.

As we kept walking down the street, I looked down at our hands, realising that he still hasn't let go. Should I tell him? I really hated to admit it, but I really liked the warmth from Hawks' hand. It was comforting, to say the least, and part of me hoped that he wouldn't let go. Luckily, the streets weren't busy since it was a weekday morning, but that didn't stop people from coming up to Hawks. When I saw them approaching him, I quickly let go of his hand. This made him look at me with a sadden expression before being quickly replaced with his normal carefree one. There was something I really liked about how Hawks could easily interact with anyone he meets, something that I can never do. As soon as some of them started asking me who I was, Hawks would quickly interject and say that we were running late to a meeting. Then he would grab my hand again and lead me away from the crowd.

"Thank you," I said for like the eighth time in the past half hour.

Hawks laughed and shook his head. "For being a Pro Hero, you really don't like being surrounded by people. Don't even get me started how you act in front of the media."

I punched his arm, making him laugh harder. "You're such an ass, bird brain," I huffed out and letting go his hand, "I don't like the attention."

"I know," he placed his arm on my head as we kept walking, "I just like teasing you."

"Nooo," I dragged out, "I would have never guessed."

"We should play a game!"

My eyebrows furrowed together. "Is it that kind of game?"

Hawks pouted his lips. "Do you honestly think I would-?"

"Yes," I quickly said, not letting him finish the question.