Chapter 39-My Weapon

Start from the beginning

-completely oblivious to how torturously hot the atmosphere had become as my eyes landed on his lips

His tongue-

Electricity ran through me and I loved it-

Legs trembling and sweetness melting in my mouth-

It was like a shield now as I thought of him more and more, as I remembered all the things we did together, all the feelings that boiled to the surface.

The voices were strong, but -

"You better leave me with something then. Something I can remember."

There was a breathless moment, and his lips descended upon mine.

Sensuous. Slow.

Hot. It was getting so hot.

My entire consciousness was the taste and feel of-

My mouth was devoured-

Closer, closer, closer-

"Kakashi," I breathed. The voices reeled back, like I had stung them with a needle. They bubbled with hatred, writhed in mass of rage, but-

I thought his name as loud as I could.

KAKASHI!

The darkness screamed at this new power, this shield that protected me from getting consumed. They rose against me, gaping their mouths wide open, like they wanted to eat me, and for a moment, I understood what that would mean, their shadows wanting flesh-

Something broke inside me then, but I still thought his name until my mind and voice was cracking with unsteadiness.

Kakashi-

Kakashi-

KAKASHI-

His name became my weapon.

***************************************************************

I froze when he fell on his knees, a keening sound leaving his mouth.

"Stop! No, go back to her! I'm not her! I'm not her!"

His words faded into meaningless gibberish as saliva slid down his chin and his eyes went into the back of his head.

I unloosed the last tie and crawled toward Molly as he slumped to the ground. Hopefully lifeless.

I groaned at the feeling of splintered ribs as I patted her cheek softly, hoping to wake her. Not a movement. I looked at Saya, her eyebrows furrowed, breath escaping her as though she was drowning.

 Was I too late?

Was the man able to place his own final curse upon her?

My eyes widened. I saw it.

Starting from her hands, her skin was becoming webbed with something filthy, something dark and spreading like a disease, making her look sick. It crept upwards, encasing her arms and grabbing hold of her neck.

I was so concentrated on her, I didn't even see the two shadows leap down to where she was till they were there. It was those two guys from before. I was momentarily impressed by their capability to find her, but I fell silent as I watched them.

"Saya," The silver-haired one said alarmed. His face became pale at the sight of her flesh turning black. She was losing.

"No, baby, you can't do this. Come on. You have to fight." He leaned down, pressing his forehead against hers, whispering. The other boy stood, his body trembling to do something but I knew there was nothing he could do.