(*Spoilers*) Old you

Start from the beginning

My phone goes off and I pick it up immediately, "Hello?"

"Hey chicken strip. When are you getting home?"

"Sorry I think you have the wrong number" I was about to hang up when she said something that made me stop.

"Keigo no games tonight. I've had a rough day hun. Come on home. Hail a cab if you need"

"What?" I say more to myself

"I said hail a cab. Also I got you a few new pots so you can transplant. I love you, see you when you get home"

I hang up starring at my phone screen. She knows my name... I curiously went to my maps app and saw the go home option. It wasn't my penthouse...

I flew to the location and knocked on the door. A woman answered with a goofy smile until it faltered looking at me, "Keigo?"

"Who are you and why do you know my name?" I glare

"How...you... your wings..."

"Answer" i growl

"I am (Y/N), your fiancé. You told me your name yourself"

I walk into the house wanting to confirm my suspicions. I could see pictures on the walls. I could hardly recognize myself. I had no wings and a scar down my face, "How did this happen?"

"You...never want to talk about it...I knew this day would come" she seemed to get uncomfortable.

I looked around the house. I stopped at the large green house attached to the house.

"You aren't my Keigo...are you?"

"No... your Keigo appears to be my future self though. I want to know what caused this"

"You love your garden"

"Not that. My WINGS!" I felt more frusterated.

What the hell went wrong!? What happened that I lost my wings. Is that why I don't have the commissions number?

"Kei... come on. You should calm down. They aren't completely gone" the woman pulled me into a warm hug.

"I want to know" I pushed her off heading back into the house to see what I could find

"Kei, stop. If you are from the past knowing the future could be dangerous"

"I can fix this. Can't you see i want to change the future. I am supposed to still be a hero. How old am I? 27? I shouldn't be grounded like this! What went wrong?!"

She grabbed my wrist stopping me in the hall, "Kei. Let me show you something"

I raise my brow but follow her lead down the hall. She opened the door to a bedroom. Looking around I better understood it as a nursery. I swallowed dryly looking around, "Are you?"

"No. But we are trying" she was a little flushed.

I sighed taking a look around the house a second time taking note of the details. In the pictures I seemed happy. I was scarred and not a hero but seemed... happy.

"Please don't take away my Keigo" she held my arm gently.

I bit my cheek in thought. Was this what I wanted? I had a house...no, a home. A loving wife. I had escaped the commission. I lost my wings but did I gain more than I lost?

"Am I happy in this time?" I turned to her

"Now, yes. There will be tough times. When we meet the scars were fresh. Understand that it is all worth it though. You said that for the first time, you felt free" she smiled at me.