🥀 Bruises ☁

️⚠️Violence/Fluff/Angst⚠️

(Killua's POV)

I was told, that I could never have any friends. Since I was born into a family of assassins, I wasn't allowed to feel. Emotions were weak, that was what I was told each day of my life. When I killed people, I showed no emotion. And I got used to the name people would call me. "Monster!" They'd yell. "Emotionless freak!" I'd hear.

I grew up with no friends, so I always felt alone. If I tried to run away, my family would always find me, and always punish me. Like now.

"How dare you try to run Kil?! You are a disgrace!" My older brother, Milluki yelled, while whipping me with a long, painful brown whip. My limbs were chained, so I was in a star-fish position. Bruises and scratches were all over my body, and I kept quiet, not uttering a single apology.

I kept my head down, my hair covering my eyes so he couldn't see how they looked. He continued to whip me, making my body sway from the strong smack. I spit a bit of crimson blood onto the floor.

"I am sorry, y'know?" I said, faking a smile. "You are not! You need to be disciplined!!" He yelled again, whipping me harder. Since he wasn't getting a real apology from me, he stopped whipping and grabbed the electricity wire.

I sighed, I knew what was next.

"You need to know that you can't just run away you brat!" He cried, throwing the whip across the room, and tying the wire around my wrists and ankles. "That'll teach you, for being a smartass!"

He clicked the button, and bright, loud electricity started to course through me. I grunted, used to the pain, but it still hurt. I clenched my fists, thinking about something else. I thought about the girl I had met once when I ran away a few months ago. She has soft, silky H/L H/C hair, with beautiful, gem-like E/C eyes.

She made me smile, as her's was so radiant I could look at it all day. The pain subsided, as I thought about her. I then recalled my first encounter with her...

3 months ago

I ran. Far, far away from the freaks, I call family. My bruises were just starting to heal after the last punishment, so I could run again.

My eyes darted from place to place, trying to find somewhere to rest. I then spotted a girl, about 15-16, the same age as me. She was crouching down, head on her knees, and her body rocking back and forth. My legs slowed down, wanting to check it out. My ears then heard soft sobs emerge from the girl, and my heart sunk, just a bit.

Why did I feel this way? I'd never met her before and never had these feelings.

As if my body moved on its own, I stalked closer to her, careful not to scare her. Her head then snapped up, looking in my direction with worried eyes. I stopped and just looked at her. The female scrambled to her feet, a bit wobbly at first. Her breathing was uneven, as she backed away from me.

"D-Did my Father send you?" She stuttered, her whole body shaking. I shook my head and looked closer. My eyes unconsciously widened. Her frail frame was covered in big, purple bruises, she wore a torn black tank top, that revealed her bruises arms, and holy-jeans, showing dried blood on her knees.

"Please... don't hurt me..." She whimpered, hugging herself. Her back then hit against a tree, and she jumped, and let out a little yelp. 'She's really sensitive...' I thought, taking another step towards the shivering girl.