Forming the Band

"Hey Y/N!" Elizabeth yelled, "You've got mail!"
"It's 6:00 a.m. Liz," I yawned, "Who would be sending me mail?"
"It's from Sam," Elizabeth replied, "What are you two up to?"
"None of your business!" I snapped. In actuality, I had no idea why he sent me a letter. And doesn't he have my phone number? He could've just sent me a text. Whatever. I opened the letter.
Hey Y/N,

Can you come to my house at around 10:30? I need your opinion on something. It involves the band.

Sam

He's in a band? News to me. Seb's probably in it, Abigail too.
"Y/N!" Elizabeth yelled, "Can you water my crops? I've got somewhere to be!"
"Is it a date with Harvey?" I asked. She blushed.
"Mayyyyyybe..." She stammered.
"I'll do it," I replied, "Only because you and Harvey are finally together."
So I go outside and water her crops. I also fed her animals because I just sooooo nice. I check my watch to see it was about 9:30. Okay, I've got time to kill. I start down the backwoods path to pay Sebastian a visit.

I reach the carpenter's house and walk inside.
"Hello Y/N!" Robin said, "If you're looking for Sebastian, he's in his room."
"Thank you Robin," I replied as I headed for the basement steps, "Tell Maru I said hi."
I opened the door to see Sebastian on his computer. He looked up at me and screamed.
"Y/N!" He exclaimed, very startled, "You scared the living shit out of me!" I laughed.
"I came to pay you a visit," I teased him with a sad looking my face, "Do you not want me here?"
"Stop being annoying!" Sebastian snapped.
"Whatcha doing?" I asked.
"Programming," He said, "I've got a big deadline coming up. Mixing that with band practice, and basically I don't have time to do anything else."
"So you're apart of Sam's band too?" I asked.
"Yeah," he replied, "Although it's just me and him at the moment. We still need a drummer."
"Oh," I said, "I was just wondering because Sam invited me to your guys' practice today, but I don't know what it's about."
"Well then," Sebastian replied getting up from his chair, "We can walk together. It's about 10:15 anyway."
"Okay!" I smiled, "Let's go, then."
We walked from the shop to Sam's house in about 7 minutes, we were on time.
Sebastian opened the door and we both said hello to Jodi, Sam's mom.
"Hey, you guys!" Sam said, "Thanks for coming!" We entered his room. It was riddled with different band posters. AC/DC, Green Day, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Radiohead, The Killers, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Guns N' Roses, and like at least 10 more. I hate to admit it, but he has good music taste. There was also a keyboard, electric guitar, and drum set, just waiting to be played.
"Here, you guys sit," Sam said.
"So what's this whole thing about a band?" I inquired.
"About that" Sam started, "Seb and I started a band, and we don't know what kind of music to play," He scratched his neck, "So I wanted to get somebody else's opinion. So Y/N, what kind of music do you like?"
"Hmmmm," I said, "That's kinda hard. I like a lot of genres, but my favorites are probably experimental noise rock, or pop punk."
"Oh great!" He exclaimed, "I was thinking about punk pop. Thanks for the suggestion, I have a feeling that we're gonna be really successful. How do you tell about it, Seb?"
"I'm fine with it," Seb shrugged.
"Then who should play drums?" Sam asked."
"I think Abigail should do it," I suggested.
"I agree," Sebastian said.
"Okay then, it's settled!" Sam exclaimed. "Y/N, will you watch us play for a bit?"
"Alright," I sighed. They started to play Jump, but Van Halen, which happens to be one of my favorite bands. Of course, the arrangement wasn't complete without a drummer, but that had the track playing in the background, so they were actually alright.
"What're you guys thinking for a band name?" I asked after they were finished.
"I haven't really thought about that," Sam shrugged, "We'll think of something once we're all together."
"Ok then," I replied.
"Sam, I've gotta go," Seb said, "I've got a programming deadline in a couple days."
"Ok then," Sam waved, "See you tomorrow."
I spaced out, sitting on Sam's bed. I wonder if I could help them with the band in some way.
"Hey Y/N," Sam said, "You've been eyeing my guitar all practice, do you want me to teach you?"
"Hm?" I said, "Sure."
"Alright," Sam started, "We're gonna start with a simple C chord," He put his guitar around my head, "Press on the strings there," He pointed. I strummed, and somehow, I did it.
"There you go!" He smiled. It was nice to see him smile so much. For the next hour, he taught me the basics of guitar, and I managed to learn a simple song.
"Y/N," Sam said, "You should really consider playing bass or guitar, you'd be good at it."
"I don't have a guitar or a bass though," I muttered, slightly embarrassed.
"I doesn't matter," he replied, "I can give you lessons after band practices, and maybe I can get you a guitar when you get good."
"Sam!" I exclaimed, "You don't need to do that! Guitars are expensive, you'll cut into your savings!"
"Eh, I could care less," he shrugged, "I think you should take it up though, it'll be fun!"
"Okay then," I replied. My phone lit up, just then.

Elizabeth: Y/N! You get your ass back to the farm! You are in so much trouble!

"Oh crap, I've gotta go, or else Liz is gonna kill me," I exclaimed.
"Alright then," Sam said with a smile on his face, "See you soon?"
"Definitely," I replied as I rushed out his door.

Sam:❤️❤️💔🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤