break up with your girlfriend

jay is happily in a relationship with his girlfriend. they are the campus couple that everyone envies.

both good looking, smart and absolutely crazy for each other.

from: unknown number

break up with your girlfriend.

sent 11:23PM

jay's eyebrows furrows upon reading the text he received.

to: unknown number

I'm sorry but who is this?

sent 11:25PM

it didn't even took the sender another minute to reply.

from: unknown number

break up with your girlfriend. yeah, yeah 'cause I'm bored.

sent 11:25PM

oh, jay recognize the words. it was from a song.

to: unknown number

so it's a lyric prank? mess with somebody else, dude.

sent 11:26PM

from: unknown number

I'm not pranking you. I'm serious. break up with your girlfriend.

sent 11:28PM

this annoyed jay. he knows that there's a lot out there who also puts a liking on his girlfriend since she's really popular, but there is no way in hell that he would break up with her just because a stranger told him so.

he loves her and they're in a relationship. that's an enough reason.

to: unknown number

leave my girlfriend alone. she's already in a relationship with me and it won't end. so go get yourself your own girlfriend.

sent 11:30PM

he thought after sending the text, the sender wouldn't reply anymore. that should shut him up, right? but no. because after a few minutes, jay's phone ding's again and the reply made jay speechless.

from: unknown number

oh babe, I don't want your girlfriend. it's you that I want.

sent 11:36PM

----

the text really bothered jay but he chose to ignore it. he doesn't intend to leave his girlfriend for someone else or even have an affair. he only loves her.

"is there something bothering you? you've been really quiet." his girlfriend ask.

that's when jay realized that he's been zoning out because of thinking so much about the text. oh come on, he should forget about it.

"yeah, just feeling a little sick today." he lied.

"oh? then how are we going to visit the mall today?"

"about that, I need to finish a project with someone today. I wasn't able to attend my Physics class today so I wasn't able to meet my partner. the only thing the lecturer said is that he'll meet me in the library."

"what? cancel it. you need to go with me. we planned this already."

"but this is important."

"am I not important?" before jay could answer, she already stood up about to leave. "you know what? I'm just gonna head home. have fun doing your physics project." she sarcastically said before stomping away.

jay shook his head. he loves her but sometimes she can be very unreasonable.

instead of following her, he just went straight to the library. for sure his partner is there already. which he wasn't wrong because there he was, smiling widely at him.

"I thought you were going to ditch me." the guy said, pouting.

jay smiles at him. "I wasn't planning to fail this subject. don't worry."

"good. by the way, my name's yang jungwon. call me anything you like tho." there was meaning with the tone that jungwon was using but jay didn't pay any mind.

"I know you already actually. you're one of the campus elite and sweetheart. who wouldn't know you?"

"oh please, don't flatter me." jungwon giggles which jay finds endearing.

they start talking about the plan for their project. brainstorming ideas and opinions before calling it a day.

"I should get your number so we can discuss more about it or tell me when we'll start actually putting action." jay said, handing jungwon his phone.

"oh no need. I already have your number." jungwon mischievously smile at him. "I asked sunoo hyung for it since I know you're close with him."

"that explains. okay then text me so I could save your number."

jungwon nods before typing on his phone. after hitting send, he winks at jay and left.

jay was left there confuse. why was jungwon acting like that with him? he also notice that all through out their discussion, jungwon was lowkey throwing flirty remarks here and there but then laughs it off, saying that he was just kidding. so jay assumed that maybe that's how jungwon acts around everyone.

but when he saw the text he sent him, realization strikes him.

from: unknown number

I guess you're stuck with me, babe.

sent 3:45PM

hey, cheating isn't right, okay? that's why I didn't give this one an ending because I didn't want jay to look like he was cheating on his girlfriend even if I made it obvious that she has an attitude problem. you can just create your own ending for this hehe

I came up with this idea while I was answering some papers and ariana's "break up with your girlfriend" played.