"So what are you going to say to him when you see him again?" He asked me.

"I don't know," I shrugged helplessly. "You're a guy."

Adam frowned in confusion and nodded his head slowly.

"Yes... And as a result of me being a male I can...?" He looked really cute when he was confused.

Actually, Adam was attractive in no matter what state he was and his awesome personality was a bonus.

"Help me!" I laughed.

"Oh, right." Adam looked embarrassed; looking down on the floor he scratched his head with a goofy smile. "Just don't say anything to him. After all, you're the one who left him on the dance floor. Just wait until he approaches you. He will be the one to make all the cards fall."

And that was why I relied, trusted and loved Adam so much. He could be my best friend at times, discussing things that no male would even go near and he could be so understanding and mature one moment but act like Liam and Mike the next.

I smiled and thanked him, before finally resisting and allowing myself to play one game of Mario kart on his Wii. And I lost. So, I grabbed my brothers and returned back to my apartment.

***

My stomach grumbled yet again as I walked towards school after I dropped off the boys. I woke up this morning shaking with nervousness and when I tried to eat breakfast, my stomach wouldn't digest anything.

And all my problems could be summed up into one little word.

Nate.

He was making me go crazy with nerves and he didn't even know it.

My hands couldn't keep still so I let them be free, knowing that I couldn't do anything to stop the nerves. Each step I took was closer to school; closer to Nate. I didn't want to face him, I was way too scared to see how he would react to my presence or if he would bring up our dance we had at the party.

I just didn't want to go to school. I wanted to hide in the depths of my despair, feeling sorry for myself and watching any movie to take my mind of things. But when did Nate have such an effect on my life? Or better yet, when did anyone ever affect me like the way Nate had?

He wasn't in control of me; I had to be strong - strong because my boys needed me. If for any reason we were evicted from our home, I needed to be there for them without any personal attachment.

But I knew it was already too late. I was best friends with the girls, Chris was a close friend of mine, Asher and I were on good terms, Adam was my ultimate best friend and... Nate.

How I could ever bring myself to leave these people if it came down to it? I knew that I would have to, but this place and these people... It's where I wanted to spend the rest of my life.

I noticed that I had stopped walking and was staring right at the school. I was in front of the gates. Shit! So quick!

Grudgingly, I lifted my firm feet and walked through the gates, shaking more than ever before. I walked to the building where my locker would be, knowing that I should be greeted by welcoming faces over there. However, that wasn't exactly the case. Instead of seeing the girls standing near my locker, it was Nate.

But he wasn't exactly standing at my locker; rather he had one of my neighbours pressed against their locker as he shamelessly flirted with them. And what bugged me the most about seeing this was that it wasn't the same girl as he had been making out with on Saturday night.

I ignored the tightness in my stomach and the anger boiling inside of me and walked straight to my locker without making any eye contact with anyone. I opened it up, put the unnecessary text books inside and shut it. I turned around, praising myself for still making no eye contact. I walked passed Nate; quickening my speed on purpose trying to get the hell out of there when suddenly I heard him yell my name.