Can't Pretend

Alex made his way into the hallway, tears threatening to fall as he could hear the two in the once shared living room. He took a deep breath, trying to calm his nerves, before being interrupted by a tall, loud northerner. 

“Let’s go.” He spoke, hands gliding over Alex’s back, left hand staying on his shoulder as they walked. “Why did you come back Al?”

“I needed to see him Will, I promise I’m safe, I promise...I just needed to see him.” And that’s when the tears spilled, escaping like a waterfall full of raw emotion and pain. 

“I know Al, I know.” Will wrapped him in a big hug, waiting until the tears had slowed before letting him go. “Let’s go back to mine yeah? We’ve got some nice food; and Lily got some brand new super soft blankets.”

Alex followed Will into the car, opting to sit in silence the whole ride, worried that if he even made a slight noise, he would not be able to hold back the newly formed barrier of tears. The ride to Wills was pleasant, the faint sound of stolen dance played over the radio, accompanied by the soft tap of rain against every exit of the car.

The ride wasn’t too long, 20 minutes with traffic, but that was normal for around Canary Warf. The boys had chosen to live short distances from Alex and George so they could all hang out more often, you see, Will met George first on YouTube as George used to watch Will’s videos he filmed in Newcastle, in truth he was the reason George had even started his own YouTube channel all those years ago, which had infact grown to have 4.34Mill. Alex had met James in a similar way, but it was more through vidcon for the month rather than watching his videos. George and Alex met when they were both at a bar with their opposing friends, this is truly how they all became so close.

Alex was now stood infront of Will and his girlfriends shared apartment, leather bag in his hand as he followed Will into the massive building. They reached the apartment door and Will abruptly stopped, turning to stare at the now dry Alex.  

“So, Lil and George became super close after you kind of ‘died’ and it’s safe to say you may get a slight bollock-ing of the lass as soon as she realises it’s you.” The northerner warned, opening the door slowly, making sure Alex was in before closing it.

Lily came slowly round the corner, yapping on the phone to Jess about some really cute dinner her and James had had just an hour before that, she saw will and smiled, excusing herself from the phone to talk to her now at home boyfriend.

“hello my love” she spoke, placing a soft kiss on the male’s cheek as she snuck by to the kitchen. “It’s pizza for dinner, I was busy streaming and didn’t want to cook” she came by the other again, this time with a slice of pizza in hand. “who’s the friend?” she questioned making Will curse at himself for not hiding Alex better.

“I know we weren’t expecting guests but I know the spare room is free and my dear friend needed a place to stay before he could go back home.” Will spoke, hoping Lily would just enter her stream room and ignore the fact they even had a guest, much to his hope she didn’t

“Well move out the way you doofus, let me meet Mr Mysterious.” She pushed Will out the way and froze, immediately recognising Alex. “You have got to be kidding me.” Was the next phrase to leave her mouth, followed by a glare at Will.

“He has already spoken to George and I can assure you that they are going to sort this all out, stay calm please.” Will retorted, hands awkwardly fiddling together.

“Fine but if you as so as dare make George shed even the smallest tear, i will kill you and stream it.” And with that she disappeared back into her room, streaming some game Will could never get the hang of.

“Well, that went better than I could’ve hoped, but it is safe to say that i am not getting any love from her for at least a week.”

Alex just smiled a little, too terrified to speak in case he ended up insulting the pair in some way. He followed will to the room, placing his stuff down, heading back to grab some pizza with will, deciding it was best to spend some time with the friend he had missed so dearly.

Time flew and Alex thought it best to head off to bed and leave the other some time to get over his return. Will handed him one of the new blankets he had promised and hugged the male tightly before going to pick his girlfriend up who was sleeping peacefully in her gaming chair.

Alex headed into the spare room, wrapping himself in the soft blanket for comfort. He collapsed on the bed, staring at the ceiling until his eyes drooped, he didn’t fight it, deciding sleeping was the best, rather than bear the pain his heart felt.