Battlefield

“I don’t fucking believe it” the northerner muttered, causing George to shift his gaze, shooting a look at the male stood at the door. “uhm…come in I guess.” Will spoke, a slight shake in his voice as he took a step back.

The figure stepped into the house and George immediately recognized the strong scent of cologne, the taps of the worn out busted up docs regenerating the sound when they first traipsed around the flat, and the long brown jacket he used to see when there was nothing but rain in the skies. Will followed the figure, standing next to it in disbelief, the evident shock plastered over his face, George gave him a look of confusion until his eyes panned over to the unnamed, it couldn’t be him…surely not. He stood up, backing into the corner, hands rubbing his eyes over and over 1000 times just to make sure he wasn’t having another heartbreaking hallucination, he certainly was not.

“George…” the unnamed spoke as he made his way cautiously over to the broken male, hands making their way to caress his arm to provide the comfort his friends would often give him when he was feeling alone.

George backed up when the hand lightly touched his upper forearm, his own hands finding their way in a fuel of anger to push the other to the ground, hands slamming the empty floor either side of the fallens head as he spoke with what little air he had left in his throat.

“Y…You’re real” were the words that fled from his now closed throat, some say it wasn’t enough or that it was a word too many and he should’ve just said OUT but they weren’t George and they hadn’t sat through his pain.

Will rushed over to the pair, dragging the now sobbing George from the clearly wounded male who lay on the floor. George fought against the northerner’s grasp scrambling up from the floor into the kitchen, violently washing his face with the overflowing tap. Will soon lent down to the figure, helping him up from the floor before eloping him into a soft hug, slightly tapping the bruised part of his head as his own sign of checking the male was really there, he was really stood in the living room of the flat that he had abandoned a little over a year ago.

“Where the fuck have you been Alex? you’re meant to be dead” Will spoke, letting go of the male so he could see his face. He wiped the stray tear from Alex’s eyes before letting go of him completely.

“I’m not exactly sure how to reply to that” the now named replied, “I never died Will, you know this, we’ve spoken every couple weeks for the past year” he finally spoke in a whisper, not wanting to reveal the truth to anyone but himself and Will.

“I know but are you sure it’s even safe enou-“the male was cut off as a George took a step into the room, hands clutched around his frail body, holding himself up incase he collapsed.

“Why are you here?”

The words struck Alex, he could hear the pure hatred in George’s voice, it was safe to say he knew this day would come but he had rid of all the negative outcomes where George could possibly hate him.

“I needed to see you”

That was the only thing that seemed fitting in a reply to an already difficult question to answer.