An Eleven Year Old Sparks The Fire

I hadn't taken one step into the manner when a small blur crashed into my side. I stumbled slightly, before getting a grip. I looked down to see a mop of black hair and stunning bright blue eyes, that radiated intellect, happiness, and...sorrow.

"Uh, hi?" my voice came out as more of a question than anything else.

"Hi! My name's Richard Grayson, but you can just call me Dick!" Dick said in rapid-fire. "How long are you staying for?" I blinked

"Till Bruce wants to get rid of me." Dick grinned.

"I'll right!" He exclaimed, detaching himself from me and jumping up and down.

Bruce turned to the butler. "Alfred, why don't you show Perseus to his room so he can settle in."

"Percy," I insanely corrected."please, call me Percy. I have some....bad experiences with my full name." Bruce and Alfred's eyes softened.

"Of course, right this way master Percy." Alfred walked out of the room, me following nit very far behind. I had a feeling Bruce wanted me gone so he could talk to Dick alone, it didn't bother me too much. I would find out what they were hiding, they would make a mistake and I would be there to pick it out. Besides we were family now and whether they liked it or not, they were stuck together and secrets like those never keep a secret for long. I found it was always easer to tell one before they found out on their own. This also means I will eventually have to tell them about the Gods. But as long as they swear never to tell, it'll be fine.

Alfred led me to a room that didn't look any different than any other room, and it really wasn't. Besides the baby blue paint job, it was a very empty room. There was a pain queen sized bed, and a large closet, a bookcase, and a medium sized desk with a somewhat large PC. I turned to Alfred and said a quick 'Thank you' before sitting down. Alfred left not long after. Leaving me alone with my thoughts, any my thoughts were...not very positive.

I don't really remember how long I was left alone, but it had to have been a good few hours because the last thing I remember was being called out for dinner. It took a good ten minutes to actually find the dinning room but that was fine, I needed time to collect myself and to clear my tear stained face, collect my thoughts. When I found the dinning room everything was neat and very fancy, but thankfully not as fancy as I'd thought I'd be. I took a seat opposite of Dick, who was playing something on his phone. Attempting to make conversation I opened my mouth, but Alfred chose this time to come out with dinner.

"I hope spaghetti and meatballs pleases you, Master Percy. And Master Richard do remember your manners." Dick blushed hard, Bruce, who had just walked in, chuckled, I laughed slightly. Dick grumbled something I couldn't piece together.

"Thank you Alfred." I said.

"None needed, Master Percy. I am delighted to share my recipes with you." His eyes twinkled.

"You wouldn't mind if I could cook with you from time to time. I mean if you want-"

"I'd love to, but for now bon appétit." Collectively we smiled, even if mine was much smaller and perhaps a bit less genuine then I'd have liked. Sometime during the meal Bruce and Dick picked up a conversation, including me every so often. They asked a few questions, like my faverete color or treat, they didn't push anything farther than what I was comfortable with but I could see that I could use the "I'm not ready to discuss that" excuse for much longer. They must have noticed how I could meet ether of their eyes because they not so discreetly asked me about it when I was almost done with my spaghetti.

"Is there a reason you won't meet our eyes?" Bruce asked. Dick shot a weak glare to his adopted father.

"Bruce, if he doesn't wa-"

"No, it's fine. I-" I sighed, rubbing my forehead. "They're the same color as my mom's." Their eyes softened.

"Oh, Percy I-" Bruce began. But I stood up, my plate clean.

"Excuse me, I'm going to me room." Without another word I walked out the the dinning room. I slamed the door shut, and flopped onto my bed. Not bothering to strip myself of my clothes, I drifted into the realm of Mofeis. With one final thought I slipped into sweat unconsenes.

Why is it always me?

EmpathyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara