1

Thank you Quix, for supporting this book so much. I hope you enjoy it.      

She woke up in a small room that had nothing but a toilet, a sink, and the bed she was laying on. She knew where she was- but it was still so strange.

Taking a hairband off her wrist, she tied her hair back, and leaned against the wall. The men in white coats would be there to get her soon enough, she just had to patient.

Tap tap tap. She could hear their shoes on the tile floor. Quickly, she stepped right in front of the door, a slight smile on her face.

The doctor opened the door and then stepped back, caught off guard by how close she was. They most likely expected her to still be on the bed.

"Hello sir," she said with a wave of her hand, stepping behind the man who had been sent to get her.

"D-73490, we-" She cut him off with another wave of her hand, thinking. D-73490, that isn't catchy... But D is quite nice sounding. Yes, I like that.

"D-73490, if you do not comply you will be punished." The doctor who spoke had well-kept brown hair, little reading glasses, and bright eyes that suggested that he couldn't wait to learn all of the secrets in the Foundation.

"Now now, all I request is that you change my name. And it isn't even a big change. Just get rid of all of those numbers, and we will be all set."

She clasped her hands behind her back, grinning. "You mean- just D then?" The man, whose name would turn out to be Mason, seemed interested and confused at the same time.

She nodded. "Yes. Just call me D," she paused. "And what about you? Or should I call you four-eyes?"

The man adjusted his glasses, lips pursed. "I am doctor Mason Hale- just Doctor Hale to you." D nodded, unclasping her hands.

"Alright then. So, what did you need from me?" Mason seemed annoyed at being baffled by a little girl, and ran a hand over his hair.

"You are needed for testing." he said simply. D thought for a moment, before grinning. "Sounds exciting, let's go."

She made her way to the door, nearly vibrating with excitement. She would get to see an SCP! This had to be one of the best days of her life. Maybe the best.

"D come here at once," Mason ordered, running over to get in front of her. Her smile became wider. It looked like she was already getting to him.

D stepped back, letting Mason get in front of her. He kept clenching his fists, and D had to resist the urge to laugh. People were so easy to mess with, it almost got boring.

Then again, could anything get boring in this place? D sure hoped not. This place is so full of secrets- it never want to leave.

"Are you coming?" Mason said impatiently, standing on the other side of the now-open door. "Why wouldn't I?" D said excitedly, her eyes sparkling with joy.

Mason eyed her curiously. "I could think of a lot of reason why you wouldn't want to go. Lucky for you though, we are seeing SCP-131."

D had no idea what SCP that was, but she nodded eagerly anyway. Mason sighed, and lead D to another door.

"Now be warned, there are some unsettling things in this area. I do not know where 131 are, and so we may be looking for a while."

D wasn't listening. She could already hear some of the SCP. It was exhilarating. As they stepped through the door, D thought she might faint from delight.

A small hiss came from somewhere to the left, followed by a scream. Step step step. A guttural noise of death bounced along the walls, and then a sickening thud. Step step step.

After a while, Mason stopped, and D did as well. She could hear a chittering, babbling kind of noise, and a moment later two things came into view.

They were shaped kind of like teardrops, with a long, thin tip. One of them was red, while the other was yellow. And the most noticeable thing- they each had one big, blue eye, which rested on the pair.

"These people are SCP-131-A and SCP-131-B, also known as the Eye Pods. Fascinating aren't they?" The two creatures babbled and chattered; all D wanted to do was hug them.

"Can I-" She reached her hand out, and the yellow creature met it, letting out a sound that kind of sounded like a purr.

"Oh my God this is the best day ever!" D cried, kneeling down to hug the creature. Mason watched, pulling out a clipboard and scribbling notes.

"You- aren't scared?" His voice showed horribly hidden awe, and D suddenly realized that she was still technically a kid.

She didn't feel like a kid. But she didn't feel like an adult either. It doesn't matter. You don't fit into the world like you should, and you are proud of it.

"Why would I be scared? You said I was lucky to see these things." Mason twirled his pen in his fingers, before nodding. "I suppose I did say that."

The yellow creature had pulled back, and went next to D, who was on the floor petting the red one. D had never felt such joy, she thought that she might just burst out laughing-

"Hale!" a voice shouted, pulling D from her trance. Mason seemed to force himself to look at the person who was speaking: A man with a gas-mask looking thing, with two tubes, one red one blue.

"Y-yes?" Mason said, while D got up and stepped next to him. That man's face contraption is so cool-looking; I wonder why he has it.

"What is a D-Class doing in the middle of the hallway?" his voice was calm and level, while his eyes flicked to D's grinning face.

"We are testing SCP-131-A and SCP-131-B. Sir." Mason waved his hands to the two creatures, who were moving around D, squeaking.

The man stared at them for half a moment, before nodding. "Alright, but take her back to her cell. Now." Mason nodded automatically, grabbing D by the arm.

She didn't struggle, but let out a hissing sound as soon as the strange man was behind them. "Let go of me before you regret it." she said calmly, and Mason dropped her arm.

"You are a peculiar person, D." his voice wasn't exactly kind, more like a curious puppy. It is as if he want's to- study me. Strange.

I wonder if even this place will come to accept me.

PLEASE POINT OUT ALL ERRORS! This is the first draft so there is bound to be mistakes