Ch.27: Edge of Seventeen

Start from the beginning

That's how the malicious Kim found out about his son's plan a few hours before he could execute them.

"Thank you, my Killer Queen" he whispered and touched her burning cheek, she tried wriggling away and kicking, but that just made Mr.Kim laugh evilly.

Soon enough she was let go with no more harm done. Jisoo, Rosé, Lisa, and Jennie ran away before anyone could realize what had happened, gathering up all their jewels and belongings to stay rich.

They booked a flight to Switzerland, planning to never come back ever again.

...

"Bye Baekhyun! Bye Jimin!" Jungkook yelled as he waved. That day he only had classes with them while everyone else was doing their own thing. Jungkook walked alone through the campus of Seoul National University, the lights started getting dim as he noticed he was walking in a darker side of the urban campus.

He shivered with cold and rubbed his hands up and down his arms to try to stay warm, walking rapidly to gain some heat until he felt something weird.

That feeling again.

The familiar yet eerie feeling that left his heart pounding against his chest, he felt it before and now he's feeling it again.

Someone's watching.

He turned around, hoping— no, begging to find Baekhyun and Jimin about to jump on him, to scare him but his heart dropped when there was no one on sight.

He was completely alone.

Jungkook whimpered mindlessly and walked even faster, he frantically looked around but there was no one to be seen, only some cars parked nearby. Black cars.

He shook his head at the memory of the black SUVs or Mercedes Benz that kidnapped him once before. Taehyung is taking care of stuff now, there's no way—

Then Jungkook remembered he was supposed to stay in Taehyung's home, the only place his father couldn't find him in. Seeing his family and friends again caused Jungkook to completely forget about his promise and now his carelessness was coming back as some kind of karma.

He pushed the fearful thoughts aside and crossed a road, still in the campus where he got near a dark alleyway mindlessly.

As soon as he felt fingers wrap around his wrists, the familiar smell of anesthesia, and the dark fabric around his eyes; his heart shattered. Knowing he failed again.

Unkept promises, that is.

Last thing he knew, he was being pulled inside a car and heard someone yell "drive", his mind going dark and fuzzy as he drifted to a deep sleep.

...

Jungkook opened his eyes slowly only to be met by darkness, tho he could only spot some stuff through the tiny holes in the thin fabric.

His tried moving but his wrists and ankles were tied to where he was sitting, he smelled the stench of chemicals. And soon enough he realized that he was moving, he was inside a moving vehicle.

His muscles ached and his head was pounding but all he cared about was his family, how they'd react to him going missing again.