When you couldn't find the hang, you set the portrait against the wall. "Guys, there's something here," you announced. The wall looked normal if it hadn't been for a sunken part in the middle of where the portrait is. You tilted your head in confusion, as you wondered why it was shaped like that. Harry, Hermione and Ron got up from the living room and made their way towards you. Their eyes followed to the same spot you pointed. "Why is it like that?" You asked, leaning in to touch it. 

"Don't. Not yet," Harry said, concentrating on it. He moved his head at different angles and shrugged his shoulders. He stepped back and looked at you carefully. "Do you remember your parents doing this?" 

You shook your head and responded, "No, I don't remember." You met his gaze and shrugged your shoulders as you finished your response.

"Bloody hell, then. Let's try to see what's in that wall," Ron stated, placing his finger right on it. You examined what his finger had done; his finger created a deeper indent, around the sunken part, some of the paint has stretched. You scrutinized your face and placed your hands on the perimeter of the stretched part. It felt like paint that has come off, but it was still hanging for dear life. You dug your nails under the paint and started to rip it off. You continued to tear it and you found an opening under the paint. 

"It's trying to hide something," you observed, feeling more anxious as you ripped more of the dry paint off. Hermione and Harry started to help as Ron observed any difference it was making. You went on your toes to try to get the top of it but decided it was no use. You continued to rip off some of the paint when Harry said, "Wait, stand back." 

Hermione and you followed his order and took a few steps back. Harry got in the middle of where the portrait has been and he punched it hard. You were taken aback and the paint ripped off like if it was a curtain. Harry looked surprised and said, glancing at his red knuckles, "I wasn't expecting it to work."

"If it makes you feel any better, neither was I," you said, smiling at him while patting his back twice. 

He rolled his eyes and the four of you looked inside the hollow part the paint was hiding. "Ron, bring a candle," Hermione ordered, looking at Ron expectantly. Ron stared at her for a couple of seconds and when everyone was staring at him, he nodded rapidly. He walked away to find a candle, making his way to the living room. 

You tried to look closely inside the opening but it was incredibly dark that it was rather pointless. Ron came back with an almost run out candle on a candleholder, he handed it to Hermione carefully and she thanked him. She brought the candle to the wall, making sure to get close to the empty spot. The darkness seemed to distinguish whatever light the candle was trying to make. It made no difference because it was still pitch black. 

"That's odd," Hermione observed, moving the candle closer inside. 

"Try using your wand," you suggested, earning a nod from Harry. 

"Ron?" She asked. 

"Yeah, I'm getting it," Ron said, already walking away to get Hermione's bag. Hermione let out a small chuckle and you smiled widely. Harry kept looking inside, waiting for something to make its appearance. 

"I doubt something is going to grab your hand Harry, so you can stop being scared," you teased. 

"I'm not scared," Harry countered, struggling hard to hide his smile. 

"Sure Harry, whatever you say," you replied, turning to look at Ron handing Hermione her wand. "What's the wand for, Mione?" You asked, seeing how she put her wand near the vacant space on the wall. 

"I am going to use magic to see what's inside. If magic doesn't work then I don't know why they will have this," Hermione said, gripping her wand to get ready to cast.