2 - (Lucifer) Workload

- Chapter 2 -
- Lucifer - SFW -
- Revised ! -

Requested by brokenfandomz

Hope you like it!

~°•°~

Twas an average day in the House of Lamentation. Mammon was bumming people for money, Levi was hiding in his room, Satan was doing his best not to slaughter everything around him while hiding it with a perfect smile, Asmo was doing his makeup, and Beel was shoveling food down his throat with Belphegor asleep on his shoulder.

But what was Lucifer doing? Nobody could ever get the deets on what Lucifer was doing in his room, ever. It was like such things were closely guarded secrets that killed those who knew of them.

But, in all honesty, he wasn't doing anything out of the ordinary at all. He was doing his paperwork, grumbling about it every now and then in his mind. He didn't very much like doing so much of the same every day.

Surely, you thought, doing so much work must be stressful and tiring. Keeping this in mind, you realized that, even if you told him to rest, he wouldn't. However, you are a stubborn creature and decided to go ahead and try anyway.

You sigh as you knock on his door. Lucifer's familiar voice called out, "Come in." He sounded a bit more frazzled than usual. You open his door carefully with a worried look on your face. Yeah, that'll help for sure.

Soon after coming in, you notice he has more papers on desk than he normally would. Maybe it's a busy week? Hopefully it wasn't too horrible for the Avatar of Pride.

Clearing your throat, you made your statement. "Lucifer, I insist that you take a break. All of this work is unhealthy, even for a powerful demon such as yourself. If you're not going to sleep or something, at least sit back and stretch for a bit. This is too much to do in one sitting."

But to your dismay, he wouldn't listen to you. "(Y/N), I wish I could take a break for a short while, but I can't. There's too much to do, and I don't have enough time." His voice sounded different, unusual. He sounded...sad? Impossible. There's no way the Avatar of Pride himself would break down and cry, right?

"Lucifer, please. I'll do the work if it has to be that way. Just rest." That was all it took. Nothing more was needed. He sat his quill down on his desk, and you saw a clear drop hit his paperwork. It was one, and then another, and they just kept coming. You couldn't believe it. Lucifer was crying.

Then you started to panic. Lucifer crying, as you realized quite quickly, is not a good sign whatsoever. You rushed over to his side in hopes that you could calm him down. You couldn't find words, so the best possible action, you thought, was to embrace him.

You encourage him to take some deep breaths so he could calm down, and it seemed to help a little. He paused before he spoke. "I apologize. You shouldn't have to help me deal with my own issues. I'll get back to my papers."

"No, you won't be getting back to your papers, Lucifer. I won't allow it." He looked up at you with a couple of tears streaming down his face. "Yes, I will. I need to get this paperwork done very soon. I'm sorry, but you cannot keep me from it."

You couldn't believe how stubborn he was. All he needed to do was take a nap and de-stress, but he refused to let you help him. He refused to wind down at all. Crazy, crazy man. He sighs and puts his quill back down. He embraces you tightly and you hear some soft noises coming from his figure as he cries. It wasn't fair for him at all.

Before you even realize it, you begin to cry as well. How inconvenient. You're upset about Lucifer insisting on stressing himself out, and now you're crying because he is too. Now your vision is blurry and you can hardly see a thing while you cry.

After a while, he becomes quiet. Then he carefully lets himself go half limp while resting on your shoulder. You just wish he'd learn to sleep. It would be good for him. As you look at his face, you realize that his face is a bit red. You had forgotten that crying must have some sort of visual effect on demons as well.

"Thank you, (Y/N)." His grip on you had become more gentle and soothing, like he'd just melted. He seemed so sweet when he was gentle. As you felt his back, you noticed he had a bunch of knots on his body that needed to be fixed up.

You put your hands on his back as carefully as possible and began to massage his back. He jolts, looking moderately upset, before he slowly sinks back down. He must've thought you were trying to hurt him.

As you kept massaging him, you realized just how stiff his muscles were. He really never did rest, did he? This was going to take up quite a bit of your schedule. This was fine, of course. You happened to be quite good at massaging people from experience in the human world.

Looking at the papers, you wanted to ask what they were about, but you didn't bother. This was a time for Lucifer to calm down and let things happen. He didn't necessarily need the work done right this minute, he was fine.

It took quite a while to do so, but you finally got the knots out of Lucifer's back. You were about to move him to his bed to sleep, but then you realized that he was already, in fact, asleep. You didn't want to wake him up, so you took him to his bed as if he were some tender child, making sure he stayed asleep.

You were about to leave the room, but decided to stay with Lucifer. This was a precious moment that you were not about to stay away from. He was at peace then, and you weren't going to waste this time away from him.

Quickly slipping under the blanket with him, you spooned him as discreetly as possible. If you woke him up now, he'd probably kill you out of shock. You were originally planning on staying awake, but you ended up sleeping like the fucking clown you are.

At least you were spooning the man you loved in the end.

BONUS:

You hear the door creak slightly, and Mammon barely mumbling. "Lucif-" Then he looks at the two of you. He looks angry at first, been then looks like he's got an idea. You see him grab his D.D.D from his pocket, and you glare at him, saying:

"Don't you dare. I will slowly rip off your face, break your bones, shred your entire being, cremate you, shove your ashes into a tiny box, take you to the human world, and throw you into the Pacific Ocean. Do I make myself clear?"

He yelps and squeaks out an answer. "Y-yes ma'am..."

Let's just say, he never tried taking a picture of Lucifer ever again.

~°•°~