"I want to be in my own place, not being babied by her, and not being bothered by her children" he said

"Joi is not that bad"

"She is to me"

"Well maybe you should be more nice to her, I don't know" Aubrey said shrugging

"You wouldn't understand because you're an only child" he said

"Wish I wasn't sometimes" she stated

"Why?"

"The stuff I went and still go through would've been easier on me if I'd had a person I could talk to that was going through the same" she explained

"You can talk to me" He said

"I can, but you won't understand, I just want someone who can relate you know?"

He simply nodded. Their backgrounds were very different and he was just now realizing it. Aubrey rarely talked about her childhood and that was odd to him.

"I get it Bre, what are we eating?"

"I could make spaghetti"

"You want to cook?" He asked. He didn't think Aubrey could cook and didn't feel like eating anything nasty tonight.

"Yes, you don't want me to?"

"I mean-"

"Forget it we can just go to Panda Express" she said.

"No, you can make the spaghetti Aubrey"

"If it's nasty we'll order some pizza" she said

"Deal"
———————————————————————
"It's good Aubrey" he said. Aubrey had let him taste the sauce she made to go in the spaghetti before she mixed it with the noodles.

"Are you lying?" She asked

"No, it's good surprisingly, finish it" he said truthfully.

"Surprisingly?" She asked

"It's your first time and you don't cook so, yeah surprisingly" he said.

Once she had finished she made him a plate and handed it to him while he sat on his living room floor.

"Aubrey you didn't have to do this, I can make my own plate" he said looking up at her. He wasn't the type to make women wait on him, he didn't care for it.

"Well I wanted to" she said.

Aubrey wasn't the type for the traditional gender roles either but she wanted to do something nice for Josiah, he never acted as if he was entitled to that treatment and that made her want to do it for some reason.

"Thanks, where's your plate?" He asked

"I'm not really hungry right now"

"You haven't eaten anything today"

"I'm on a diet" she said.

Aubrey had noticed she put on a couple of pounds and she didn't really like the weight so she decided to diet a little.

"What kind of diet?" Josiah asked

"It doesn't matter, just eat your food" she tried to get him to drop the conversation but she knew he wouldn't.

"It does matter because you're starving yourself"

"I am not, I ate earlier today before my appointment" she said

"That was 12 hours ago Aubrey, you need to eat something"

"This is how I used to eat before we were together, I'll be okay" she said trying to convince him but he wasn't hearing it.