"Weird room combo." I commented, even if I found it a little cute. I could vividly picture Kyler working out while Chet cheered him on from the corner with clay all over his hands.

Kyler's eyes trailed over to Chet's mini work station. "Ah, yeah." His laugh was quiet and fond. "He was running out of space in his room."

Gesturing to the weights he set down, "Don't mind me."

He thought about it for a moment before finally giving in. Leaving the headphones off, he gave me his attention while curling the weights up and down. "I didn't think you'd be up for a while. You're not tired?"

"Nah." I waved off. "My ass is sore but that's it."

The weights faltered. "..Should I apologize?"

Head tilting, I gave him a smile. "Do you think you should?"

"..Sorry?" He guessed unsurely.

I was only trying to tease him but he actually looked apologetic. "It felt good, don't worry~"

We talked. We talked and talked until we ran out of things to talk about. And just as quick, we found something new to talk about. When we stopped talking about that, we talked about something else. We talked.

He was nice to talk to. He was lot less chatty than Chet but still carried a conversation well.

He wrapped up his workout quicker than expected, probably for my sake. "You're all sweaty." I poked his bare side as he fixed his messy ponytail. Afterwards, he scooped his shirt off the floor but didn't bother to put it back on. He just wiped his sweat off and then tossed it right back on the floor.

I was grateful. As much as I already eyed his naked torso greedily, it wasn't enough. He either didn't notice my very obvious staring or didn't care.

While he put his weights back on their holders, I examined the bench press I'd been sitting on for the past thirty minutes. "Are these things heavy?" I asked while poking the added weights hanging from the sides. "Like- could I lift it?"

"Are your feelings easily hurt?"

I rolled my eyes and let my hand fall back down. "A simple no would've been fine."

"You could try." He stood back up and came over to me. "There's not a lot of weight on them right now so you probably could."

He motioned for me to lay back so I cautiously did. "It's not gonna fall on me, is it?"

"It might." I immediately went to sit up but he clasped a hand on my shoulder with a laugh. "I'm kidding, I'm gonna spot you. Plus, you're not that weak."

"You'd be surprised." I laid back down and felt my hair spill over the sides. "I haven't exercised since high school and I was forced to do that."

"You went hiking." He pointed out.

"Mm." A soft hum. "Those few minutes before I got lost helped me shed pounds."

His lips quirked up, just slightly, as he grabbed my wrists and guided them up. "Maybe we'll go together next time."

"You might have to carry me down after I burn out."

"You're not heavy." He brushed off. I wanted to ask how he knew but last night was probably all he needed to find out. "You'll be like a little accessory."

A laugh bubbled up my throat. "An accessory?"

"Yeah." He stated, like it made perfect sense. "Y'know, instead of weighted bands, I could just use you. It's a much prettier option."