We are only getting older, and I've been thinking about how different everything in my life is, and it drives me absolutely crazy. My young romance with Tom is now nothing more than an embedded memory. I should have nothing to be afraid of, but the concept of time truly terrifies me.

I glanced out the window and admired the pale moonlight. I was comforted by the fact that Tom and I were under the same big sky and that he was somewhere out there. I am suffering under this long distance. When will this yearning for him ever end?

The phone rang and I was still under my spell and thought it was Tom. I quickly answered it and brought the phone up to my ear, "it's Gregg."

"Hey, Mick, it's Doug."

"Hey, Doug. How's it going?" I asked him. I haven't seen him much since he left Jump Street because he spends a lot of his time with Clavo. He had a near death experience that scared all of us, but Doug was afraid of putting his life in danger everyday and risk leaving Clavo alone. He's terrified to leave Clavo.

"I was calling to let you know that I am moving to Virginia." He got straight to the point, and the information hit me like a truck.

"What?! Why?!" I nearly shouted. I immediately sat up straight and jumped to my feet.

"The DEA offered me a position to work alongside Tom. I'm taking Clavo with me."

"What?!" I nearly yelled into the phone.

"The benefits are great, and I have some family in Virginia so it works."

I was almost speechless. I really didn't want Doug to leave me too. He helped me get through Tom's absence, in turn made us bond. Who am I going to turn to now? Booker?!

I sighed into the phone and slowly sunk back to the couch. I asked, "when do you have to be there?"

"Next month. They didn't give me much notice."

"I assume that you won't be able to leave for ten years either?" I asked and Swayze put his head back on my lap.

"You assume correct."

"This isn't fair," I complained.

"I know."

"Well, if this is what you want to do then I'm happy for you," I said with a sigh. I didn't want Doug to abandon me in Metro, but if he was going to feel more fulfilled in Virginia, then that is where he should be. I am not one to stomp on the dreams of others, even if I may want to.

"Thanks, Mick," he said, "I gotta go, I'm picking up Clavo from soccer practice. I'll talk to you later, okay?"

"Okay, bye."

"Bye."

As soon as we hung up, my phone began ringing again. I brought the phone back to my ear and said with a less cheery tone, "Gregg."

"It's Fuller, I've got your detective results here," he said.

"You do?" I asked and sat up a little straighter in anticipation.

"Yeah, you want me to put it on your desk?"

The suspense if I passed the detective test or not was killing me, but I really didn't want to drive all the way back to the chapel. My thumb nail found my teeth and I began knawing at it. I asked Fuller, "can you open it for me, please?"

"I don't think I should," Fuller said.

I couldn't stand it anymore. I said, "open it, please. I won't tell if you don't."

Fuller quietly chuckled and said, "all right, give me a moment."

I heard him place the receiver on the desk with a soft thud and he opened the envelop with a swift cut. My heart was beating out of my chest as I heard him pick the phone back up and say, "congratulations, Detective. You passed!"

21 Jump Street (Tom Hanson)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें