I'm Nothing Special (Fred Weasley) Pt 1

A/N: Fred has been in love with you the moment he laid eyes on you, but you think you aren't good enough

This is based off my mental health at the moment, I just want you to know you're worthy, you're needed and find someone to talk to, you can't bottle your emotions.

3rd POV:
It started in 6th year. Fred had entered the Great Hall for the feast. As he looked around the room, he stopped and saw the beautiful girl he had ever seen in her Ravenclaw robes. The way her hair had been styled or the way her eyes twinkled, he became infatuated with her.

But behind the hair and eyes, there was so much more in her soul. She didn't have self love, she didn't believe in herself as others did. Y/n never let out her emotions, she believed if she showed emotions, you're weak.

So instead she put up a strong front. Making everyone seem she was the perfect girl. But overtime the emotions consume you until one day, you just break.

That didn't stop from Y/n from becoming close with Fred. In the span of 4 months, it made it seem like they knew it each other for 4 years.

Fred openly displaced his feelings for Y/n, everyone knew the ginger had a crush on her. She would be lying if she didn't feel the same way.

Y/n was put into Ravenclaw for a reason. She saw the small details. She knew Fred had girls surrounding him through the past few years. He was attractive, popular, a beater for the quidditch team, girls would fling themselves at the sight of Fred.

Y/n did like Fred since she was in 4th year. But she knew they would never be together. The two have never spoken, never talked, just two bodies in the same castle. She didn't move to be friends with him, if Y/n said what she feel, would he feel the same?

Due to Y/n being a halfblood, she knew of psychological disorders that many muggles had. Because she was Hogwarts, she didn't get the full help she needed. By the age of 13, she had been diagnosed with anxiety and body dysmorphia.

It was a hard thing to grasp on at a young age, and she really didn't have a support system. She began friends with Luna Lovegood in her fourth year. She found the first year out in the forbidden forest without any shoes. So Y/n offered her shoes to Luna.

Though of the age difference, the two became best friends and would tell each other things no one else would know. Y/n would always stick for the 3rd year whenever someone called her Loony Lovegood. Y/n had her fair names also to which Luna would stand up her also.

Fred had seen Luna walk around the lake accompanied by the older girl the past year, but never fulling see her face, he just thought she was like Loony Lovegood.

But oh, was he so wrong. The first he truly saw Y/n was that night in 6th year. In his eyes, she was perfect. The one for him.

He approached the first day after class in the courtyard while she was reading Little Women. Intrigued by the muggle literature and her, he peered over her shoulder and read with her. She didn't even notice he was there until he told her he wasn't finished reading the page.

They were an unlikely pair. A popular Gryffindor and a Ravenclaw who kept to herself. They made
it work. The two would hangout almost everyday after classes, walking hand in hand around the lake or courtyard.

When Hogsmeade trips started, Fred would ditch his siblings for Y/n and the two would go through the town, most of the time would be spent in Zonkos with Fred explaining every single item, he had the store embedded in his brain like it was the back of his hand. To finish the day, he would take her to Three Broomsticks for butterbeer.

In everyone eyes, it would be called a date, but for Y/n, it was the opposite. She couldn't depend on herself, let alone someone else, she didn't have many people in her corner, she had Luna and her parents.
There was so much they could do, but there was no one who would hold her hand which she was anxious, whisper saying she was alright. Sit in the shower, water running clothes on.

She didn't know it at the time, but Fred would have done it. He would be there in the good in the bad. He would hold her hand, he would whisper in her, he would sit in the shower.

He would do anything for her. He hasn't felt that way with anyone, not with any girl he talked too. She was different, in the best ways possible.

The best people in her life, mostly left so to her and it time, she thought Fred would leave her too.

She didn't know it at the time, Fred would never in a million years would leave her.

———
this is very different than most of my chapters, but it will play into part 2, this part is kind of like a prologue