𝟎:𝟔𝟕

-The following day ..

"Rise n shine mamaaa! Get up girl !" I heard Danae say as she opened the blinds wide af. I was so irritated like ew I hate waking up so early in the morning. I groaned , "Danaeeee close the blinds!"

She didn't budge not one bit. "Aht Aht. Come on get up! We got things to do!"

I groaned and got out of the bed. "You so aggy."
"Mhm whatever ! First things first , check ya phone. Ya dad been blowing it up since the sun rose."

"Ughh still? Alright. Gimme 5 I gotta call him back Hollon." I grabbed my phone and walked out and went into the bathroom and shut the door. I pressed on his contact and called him. Patiently waiting for him to answer and then he finally did.

"hello?" I answered
"hey Lani.. how you been baby? I been tryna get ahold of you but you've been ignoring my calls.." my dad said. He sounded mad drained. I felt bad asf..

"Hey daddy , sorry. I just been goin thru it & I ain't mean to ignore them. I was eventually gon call you back..."

"Eventually or never ?"
"Eventually dad. But enough about me , how're you?"

"I'm doing good. Worried about you."
"Worried about me ? There's nun to be worried about, I'm doing fine."

"You don't sound like you doin fine , Milan. You actin like im some stranger and ion know how my own daughter sound. Wassup with you?"

"I mean how you expect me to feel dad? Mom kicked me out & made me choose between having somewhere to stay and keeping my child. That's just not sum ima get over that fast."

"Ye of course not.. I get it. I mean ion get it but- yeah. My house is always open to you , Milan. You know that & ya ma gon get over it. She cold but she not that cold."

"Trust me , she cold. For her to even say that was cold enough fa me , but like I said I'm fine over here ! Soon enough ima be away and in college. She not gon have to see me no more."

"have you thought about what you're doing with the baby yet?"
"Uhm yeah. I'm keeping it."

"Wow ... alright. Well I'm here for you and I'm happy for you Milan. Seriously."

"Why you not as mad as her ? Like I know you mad on the inside. You don't gotta hide it."

"I mean yeah I'm a little anxious and worried for you but I'm not mad. You're 18. This was your decision whether it was right or wrong ... it's done. I was yo age too when we had you and ya brother ... so I understand."

"I really needed to hear that daddy , thank you. Ima talk to you later though. I love you."

"I love you too Lani. Be safe."

I did not expect him to be so cool about it. I really do love my dad so much. I moved the phone from my ear and put it in my back pocket as I walked out of the bathroom.

"Everything okay?" Danae asked as I walked through the door and sat on the bed. "Yup. Everything's coo.. so what we got on the Ganesha for today?"

"Baby shopping!"
I chuckled , "baby shopping? Girl ... ion even know what gender the of the baby is , haven't been to one check up , etcetera.. it's too early!"

She shrugged , "girl ion care. better late than never."
"Danae please I'm not even in the mood for that. I don't wanna see baby nothing right now."

"You sound unsure about your decision to keep the baby.."
"What? Nah. I'm not unsure."

"Sure you didn't just keep it to prove ya mom wrong?"
"Danae , no. I want this baby. I just don't wanna see nothing about babies right now. I'm still accepting the fact that I'm having one."

"Mhm yeah for sure I get it. Soo .. what you got planned for today?"
"I don't know for real I think-" I was interrupted with my phone ringing. Meech was calling me. "Hollon Nae. Gimme a minute."

I pressed accept and put the phone to my ear, "hey wassup..?" I said.

"Hey uh I was just thinking bout the baby and allat shit. I think you should abort it ... we both not ready... it wouldn't be fair to bring a baby into the world and not be ready."

I was caught so off guard... "Hollon.. you telling me to get rid of this baby? And fuck do you mean we both not ready? I'm ready , Meech. I don't know bout you but I'm ready."

"Lani , you only tryna keep it so you can prove ya mom wrong. That's not fair."

"Ima tell you what's not fair! You calling me and telling me what the hell I should do with this baby. That's what's not fair. I'm not doing this as revenge towards my mama , Meech. I want this child. Ion wanna abort it."

"shouldn't I have some type of say on this too ? Like both of us was innat bitch fuckin so I do think I should have a say on what WE do."

"You can have a say. I never said you couldn't , but I already made my mind up. I'm not aborting the baby, and for you to call this phone and tell me that I should? Are you serious?"

"Well ion know what to tell you Lani. I love you fa real, but I'm not fit to be a parent. I'm really not."

"So what you saying ? You're not going to help me raise it? Cuz if that's the case, then so be it."

"just like that?"
"Just like that. You want me to be on my knees begging you to be here during this ? I'm not."

"you mad stubborn. you know that right?"

"I'm stubborn cause I don't want you in my baby's life if you don't wanna be there ? Then again , so be it. This not the time to be making childish ass choices. You don't wanna be here ? Coo. Leave. That's your loss. This not on me baby."

"There's some good adoption centers that would love to take the baby Lani. I just don't want you to put this big ass responsibility on yourself G. Ion think you know how serious this is."

"We was both very aware of how serious this could've been while we were fuckin raw so yes. I do think I know how serious this is. I put myself in this predicament."

"I'm just lookin out for you."
"Sounds more like you tryna save your own butt, but I appreciate it. I guess. Look , if you not tryna give no words of encouragement then ion wanna hear it. Too much negativity."

"you know I'm here for you."
"Don't feel like it, but again, I appreciate it... I guess. Maybe you'll come around, maybe you won't ... either way im straight Meech. So .. have a nice day." I hung up and sat my phone down & took a deep breath in.

Man wtf ...
literally my own boyfriend isn't even on my side in this shit. The father of this baby like what???

Shit don't make no sense... wish I could just start all this over & make better choices, cuz now I'm lost af.