Chapter 8

<Third Person POV>

Megure : Understood.

Megure said into the phone then turning it off. He then turn away from the window to the others in the which is the awake you, Conan, Agasa and Kogorou.

Megure : They said five bombs have been recovered safely.

Hearing this you and Agasa heave a relief sigh while Conan exclaim gratefully and Kogorou jumping in happiness and excitement.

Conan : Yeah!

Kogorou : Great!

Megure : It all came down to Kudou-kun's and (Y/N)-chan's power of deduction.

Agasa : Fifteen minutes until sunset. It was really close.

Agasa said while looking at his wristwatch then back at Megure. Megure turn his head to the window seeing the sunset. Megure then said something making Kogorou and Agasa surprise.

Megure : Actually, it's too early to celebrate. It seems that the bombs contained only quarter of the stolen explosives.

Kogorou : So, that means the culprit still has the remaining three quarters?

Everyone then turns serious again when suddenly the door to the room open and enter Inspector Shiratori came running.

Shiratori : Sorry for being late.

Megure : Well, what did you find out?

Shiratori : It appears that your assumption is right, sir. The Mayor Okamoto's son, Kouhei, left for Izu early this morning. Um, how's the bombing case?

Megure : All thanks to Kudou-kun and (Y/N)-chan. The problem are the remaining explosives and the culprit's identity.

Kogorou : At the moment, all we know is that the five specific places on the Circular Line are surely not in the vicinity of the culprit's residence.

Kogorou exclaim making all other look at him confuse. He then continues.

Kogorou : Well, of course. If there was an explosion, the whole train could come flying off the tracks. That's not something you want to happen near your home. Ah! When the timer on that bomb in the carry case stopped, it could have been for the same reason!

Kogorou says. Megure think of it for a while and agreed with Kogorou and so do you and others in the room.

Conan : There's a children playground and some apartments in that area.

Kogorou : That's it! The culprit is living in those apartments!

Megure : Right! Straight to those apartments!

<TIME SKIP>

Kogorou : No luck.

Kogorou said once Megure and Shiratori returns from investigating the possible culprit house. Megure then heave a sigh.

Megure : Not only the apartments, we checked all the nearby houses too.

Shiratori : There was nobody suspicious.

Kogorou : Ah, I see.

Kogorou said disappointingly as his shoulders slump down. Conan who were watching the news with you and Agasa then ask Megure.

Conan : Hey, Inspector? Where exactly were the bombs on the Circular Line hidden?

Megure : Well, let me see.... Ordinary residential areas, really. Oh, right! One was on top of the bridge on the Sumida Canal.